50% Part B Deductible Increase for 2016

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
This would be an un precedented increase for the Part B deductible. The increased claims cost on plan F and the decreased in Plan G claims costs will further widen the premium gap from Plan F to G. I think the question is will seniors continue to see the value in plan G or any supplement for that matter with such a high cost barrier to recieving care.

I tell you what, im getting sick of living in constant fear that the government is going to put me out of business. Every year Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

https://csg-actuarial-wordpress.app...projects-large-increase-to-part-b-deductible/

This would be an un precedented increase for the Part B deductible. The increased claims cost on plan F and the decreased in Plan G claims costs will further widen the premium gap from Plan F to G. I think the question is will seniors continue to see the value in plan G or any supplement for that matter with such a high cost barrier to recieving care.

I tell you what, im getting sick of living in constant fear that the government is going to put me out of business. Every year Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

https://csg-actuarial-wordpress.app...projects-large-increase-to-part-b-deductible/

I see these unpredictable moves from the government as making us more valuable. These old people need someone to turn to for answers. Who else are they going to turn to if not us?

Besides, if they dont take a medsupp or MAPD, what else are they going to do? Not have insurance?

I see these unpredictable moves from the government as making us more valuable. These old people need someone to turn to for answers. Who else are they going to turn to if not us?

Besides, if they dont take a medsupp or MAPD, what else are they going to do? Not have insurance?

Ummm...Medicare IS insurance.

Ummm...Medicare IS insurance.

lol right, but what i meant was, what are they going to do? Pay all those deductibles and coinsurances out of pocket everytime they go to the doctor? A plan N or G with a deductible $76 larger than it was this year, is still better than Medicare without a plan G or N

I bet the F doesn't go up to much early on,\
It is probably going to be more difficult to convince a senior the G or the N is going to be a better option, Because they will be afraid of unpredictable deductibles.

Then a year probably 2 were going to see those Plan F having higher increases but not enough for everyone to jump ship then when the eliminate the F, Its over and many people wont be healthy enough to switch.. And that is if they don't raise deductibles again.

I bet the F doesn't go up to much early on,\
It is probably going to be more difficult to convince a senior the G or the N is going to be a better option, Because they will be afraid of unpredictable deductibles.

Then a year probably 2 were going to see those Plan F having higher increases but not enough for everyone to jump ship then when the eliminate the F, Its over and many people wont be healthy enough to switch.. And that is if they don't raise deductibles again.

Everyone take a deep breath...

They aren't going to raise the Part B deductible by more than $25 next year. Its an election year :)

Plan F is gone in 2020 (at least as it stands). The gov wants the seniors to have to absorb more from a cost sharing standpoint. So in 2020, higher premiums will be in place and everyone will have at least a small deducible.

I bet the F doesn't go up to much early on,

That makes no sense. If the deductible goes up $100 then Plan F goes up by more than the $100. Plan G and N would be even a better deal.

Rick

Back