54 year old denied coverage

alexvon

Expert
Hey guys,

I got a 54 year old that was denied coverage. shes about 300lbs, dont remember height off the top of my head but probably around 5'6. Shes diabetic but not insulin dependent, does take metroformin (non-smoker).

Anyway she was denied coverage. wrote her a final expense policy which was just a 25k face whole life policy. Shes Haitian and a bit difficult to understand on the phone but when I called her to sit down again and discuss what happened she sounded really upset and concerned and its really been eating at me

Currently the only option I see is to offer her a guaranteed issue policy from gerber.
face value for the same premium goes from 25k to 15k

if anyone has any ideas for the state of new york its much appreciated

Hey guys,

I got a 54 year old that was denied coverage. shes about 300lbs, dont remember height off the top of my head but probably around 5'6. Shes diabetic but not insulin dependent, does take metroformin (non-smoker).

Anyway she was denied coverage. wrote her a final expense policy which was just a 25k face whole life policy. Shes Haitian and a bit difficult to understand on the phone but when I called her to sit down again and discuss what happened she sounded really upset and concerned and its really been eating at me

Currently the only option I see is to offer her a guaranteed issue policy from gerber.

It looks like Transamerica might work. It looks like they don't ask height/weight at that age.

Yes, but she's too short for her weight. Maybe if he could stretch her an inch. She's ok for Modified, but that would be more than Gerber.

If she grows an inch or drops 6 pounds, she might get Graded.

sorry guys, shes actually 5;** I just checked.
as far as weight she claims she is around ***. There was no medical for this so its based on what she said and her APS. I dont have the exact figures

edit: (I put *** on the app, not sure what aps showed)
edited again for privacy

Last edited:
sorry guys, shes actually 5'8 I just checked.
as far as weight she claims she is around 280-300. There was no medical for this so its based on what she said and her APS. I dont have the exact figures
Then she should be good to go with Foresters or Tranny for 1st day Level coverage. :yes:

What a woman SAYS she weighs and what she ACTUALLY weighs are two different weights. :laugh:

Hey guys,

What carrier did you initially write her with and what was specific reason for decline?

Latest posts

Back