59 YO Male 2-year Post Prostatectomy

DEGRI

Expert
I have a 59yo male, retired, nonsmoker, who had prostate cancer 2 years ago. Prostate has been removed, no further issues. Takes on med for blood pressure (beta blocker). Most companies require 36 month post op, can someone help me out here?

try mutual of omaha

I have to call MOO underwriting. I am not sure of the 2 year post op...didn't know if anyone was aware of a company that accepts off the top of their head. BTW, I am available after 2pm Eastern today if you want to talk.

get clients Gleason Score, his PSA before & After....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
moo is a 2 year wait, thats what they told me a while back.
call an underwriter.
They will be issued standard at best, or maybe a rate up.

Last edited:
I have a 59yo male, retired, nonsmoker, who had prostate cancer 2 years ago. Prostate has been removed, no further issues. Takes on med for blood pressure (beta blocker). Most companies require 36 month post op, can someone help me out here?

Companies that ask for the last 24 months; RNA, AmAm, AmCon, 5 Star.

I'm sure there are more. Those are just sitting on my desk.

Monumental will offer a graded policy as will Liberty Bankers life and Transamerica Provider Series. All of these policies are graded 2 years - beats 3 years for GI. Hope that helps

are you an independent agent? There are other companies out there like Columbian life that will offer a program for your client but you have to be with an IMO to get a good contract with.

Look into them, they might have a solution for your client.

are you an independent agent? There are other companies out there like Columbian life that will offer a program for your client but you have to be with an IMO to get a good contract with.

Look into them, they might have a solution for your client.

I would almost bet that this case was handled over a year ago.:yes:

I would almost bet that this case was handled over a year ago.:yes:

No doubt the case was handled a yr ago... but since the subject has been broached here by reviving an old post let me give some info on u/w for prostatectomy; [removal of prostate due to CA].

I've been successful on several of these cases... placed them both with West Coast Life, now Protective Life, but other companies will match these results. Essentially 90 days after prostatecomy, with a PSA test of <.002 meaning negligible PSA reading [which is the norm with successful removal], the immediate benefit term, UL or WL policy with Table D, meaning double the Std rate. Surprised at all the talk about graded, etc., because this case placement is a slam dunk... 90 post surg, and those that get the covg are both surprised and elated.

In fact 2 yrs post surg you might be looking at a Std rate. I actually forget how long u/w wanted following surg in order to issue at Std rate, but it wasn't all that long since survival rate of Prost is remarkable and almost a non-factor 2 or 3 yrs out as long as PSA reading is nil and no other development of spread of disease.

Last edited:
Back