61 F T - Needs Health Temp Health Policy

Birdman300

Guru
100+ Post Club
Have a client that will be retiring from her job in 6-8 months. She knows she's eligible for Medicare at 62 1/2 and wants quotes on health insurance only for herself for the next year and a half. She's currently taking Lisinipril and Simvistatin...controlled. Other than that, no health conditions that she's aware of. She's in Las Vegas. I am a FE agent and have only sold a few Med Supp policies. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced health policy to last the next couple of years until she's eligible for Medicare?

Yes, do you have a solution?

Solution for what?

Your original post is all over the boards. You mention age 62.5 and SS but then you also refer to Medicare supplement. But you also want info on a temp health insurance policy?

If this person is under 65 (and not disabled) they won't be eligible for Medicare until 65 so no supplement.

Try again.

I think the client needs to get a new agent because Birdman doesn't know what the Hell he is doing.

:goofy:

When she leaves her employer plan, if it between 11/1/15 and 1/31/16 she can enroll in a health plan during open enrollment. If she loses her group plan after 1/31/16 she will have a 60-day SEP to enroll in a health plan due to loss of employer coverage. There is no medical underwriting, it's all ObamaScare now.

She will need the coverage (unless she gets another job based plan) until 65 when she goes onto Medicare.

Find InsuranceConceptsCindy on the forum, she is a NV agent who specializes in health insurance.

http://insuranceconceptsofnevada.com/

Dave, thanks for the helpful advice. I'll contact Cindy. I guess I don't know what I don't know. I don't know health insurance...I admit. I only know FE. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back