64, F, Bipolar, Term, who Would Be Good ?

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hello,

64, F, Bipolar, Non smoker, 5'-6", 178
On Social Security Disability

Has not been hospitalized for the bipolar in over 15 years. That is when it was diagnosed and she started taking medications.

Meds:
Trazodone
Klonopin
Lamactal

Looking for her term options, who would be good?

Is she on disability for bipolar or something else? Have done well with Prudential in the past for bipolar cases under control, sometimes as good as standard. How much is she planning on paying for coverage at her age if SSDI is her only income? Why term insurance?

Only issue may have with a company such as pruco, is justifying the need for lets say $100,000 of coverage.

I've had problems in the past with carriers offering higher limits of coverage for someonw ssdi.

Dgoldenz is onto something. ..what is specific need for term coverage?

Is she on disability for bipolar or something else?

Good question. I don't know. I am going to find out.

How much is she planning on paying for coverage at her age if SSDI is her only income? Why term insurance?

She is on a limited budget. Not sure yet, as she wants to see her options to decide.

Why term insurance?

Her kids are her primary concern.

I thought term made sense and would provide most affordable option. Not a big life guy though.

She is single parent, taking care of 3 kids at home.

Ages, 17, 10, 9. They were adopted, and I believe born with special needs ( parents were on drugs).

Any suggestions?

Yikes, tough situation....don't know how she's going to afford the coverage she probably needs on that income unless she has another source of income. I'm sure the underwriters will want to know if she is on disability for bipolar or something else. At least a 10-15 year term will last until the kids are 18+. Any idea why she is just now looking for coverage at age 64 instead of when the kids were younger? Could she possibly have another policy in place already?

Back