7 must-have policies for marijuana businesses

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
With California joining the fray, there's a whole new "crop" of recreational marijuana businesses popping up on the Left Coast - many likely still waiting to get licensed by the state. The article linked below from the "Cannabis Business Times," written by an insurance broker, has advice for cannabis business owners (no matter what legalized marijuana state they're in) on the various types of insurance coverage they probably need.

7 Must-Have Policies to Make Sure Your Marijuana Business is Insured From Seed to Sale
Potential industry risks abound, and there are several types of policies a cannabis operation should consider.

http://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.co...s-to-make-sure-marijuana-business-is-insured/

Thanks for the article. Most marijuana business owners know what they need to protect themselves, but it's good to have it written down, because they seem to forget, ha ha.

EPLI is Employment Practices Liability Insurance. Policies 1-6 ARE "P&C Insurance" (#7). No specific mention of business income coverage unless I missed it. Many mainstream P&C policies have exclusions related to illegal drugs and don't distinguish those that are illegal under federal law from those legal under state laws.

EPLI is Employment Practices Liability Insurance. Policies 1-6 ARE "P&C Insurance" (#7). No specific mention of business income coverage unless I missed it. Many mainstream P&C policies have exclusions related to illegal drugs and don't distinguish those that are illegal under federal law from those legal under state laws.

I noticed that too. Sounds like someone wants to act like they know what they are talking about, but they really dont.

Back