7 Tips to Increase Final Expense Sales Results – New Article from David Duford

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
It’s admittedly a long read, but a good one. David Duford (Rearden) has a new article – 7 tips to increase final expense sales results. Please give it read at the link below, and add your own tips or comment on the ones in the article here. Find out why he prefers direct mail leads over telemarketing, why it makes sense to ask the tough questions up front, and much more. Worth reading for the simplicity of tip #6 alone.

Insurance Forums | 7 tips to increase final expense sales results

I first would admit I have not read the entire article just small portions of tips one and 2. I will read the entire article when I have more time.

I myself, have worked 95% TM leads for the past 7 years. I pretty much milked the area within 2 hours of my home so I was forced to switch back to DM leads. For the past three months I have worked DM exclusively. So I am obviously a newby at working DM leads. While I would admit I have had some very good weeks as of late working DM, I still prefer working TM leads. I feel I can adequately qualify them over the phone so when I go out to work for 2 days and have ten appointments I can pretty much count on more consistently writing 5 to 10 new policies.

I have found while working DM leads I spend more time spinning my wheels on bad leads. Over the past three months I have had several bad 2 day trips where I only wrote 3 or 4. That rarely happens while running TM leads. But then again 2 weeks ago I ran 11 DM leads and wrote 9 policies for over 9k in ap.

So I guess the jury is still out in my mind. I have 13 DM appointments for WED and Thursday. I might write 3 and I might write 10. If I had 13 TM leads I would feel much better about the week in week out overall production.

All about mind set. I'm not going to drive Hours and Hours on TM leads where I can get 25 DM leads in a zip code I could walk if I needed.

Well written.

I hope I'm your magnetic card role model. I started those about two months in the biz. And over 20 years I'm sure I have placed 20,000 plus magnets in my area.

Other agents joke that they love peeling my cards off of refrigerators all over town. But they only find them because I have so many out there. And they definitely work. I get call ins from people I met with many years ago.

I went out to a house recently where my photo on the card was a very young picture of me and I was real thin back then. They said "you don't look like your picture anymore." No. I was 35 in that photo and I'm 56 now. So I'm going to update your refrigerator.

A tip I'll throw out there, don't buy the cards that are pre-made as magnets. They don't stick well. When granny tries to use it to hold her grandkids artwork on the fridge it won't hold it.

Use the peal and sticks. They work great. Buy them at any office store. Cheap, cheap advertising.

When I order TM leads they are all within 25 miles of a particular zip code; with 90% of those leads being mostly within 5 to ten minutes of each other, ie mostly the ghetto!

I started using magnets about a year ago. I did not realize you can get them in the peel and stick fashion. Do they make them in a Smell and Stick as well?

Good Tip

When I order TM leads they are all within 25 miles of a particular zip code; with 90% of those leads being mostly within 5 to ten minutes of each other, ie mostly the ghetto!

I started using magnets about a year ago. I did not realize you can get them in the peel and stick fashion. Do they make them in a Smell and Stick as well?

Good Tip

Yes, they have the cat piss scent.:twitchy:

All great stuff. I learned about the MAGENT biz card from Newby, I think. You can buy biz card size magnets in bulk and put them on your biz cards by yourself. You can buy like 1000 of them for less than $100 on eBay.

Back