73 Male COPD on Oxygen

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
Will anyone but United take this guy. He is stuck with Family life and their 50% rate increases the last few years otherwise. I have looked at all I have and don't think I can place him and UHC is the same price.

Will anyone but United take this guy. He is stuck with Family life and their 50% rate increases the last few years otherwise. I have looked at all I have and don't think I can place him and UHC is the same price.

I don't think there is, unless you have a carrier that has GI. In my state BCBS asks no health questions. They're high, but not the highest.

I don't think there is, unless you have a carrier that has GI. In my state BCBS asks no health questions. They're high, but not the highest.

No birthday rule or GI here. He is paying $225 for a Plan F which is a lot here. Hoping to better the situation if possible.

Jimmy, have you considered moving him to the UHC Plan N? The $147 Part B deductible plus the small copays that Plan N has are far less than the premium savings here in TN. I have saved several elderly folks many $hundreds and eventually $thousands this way. Also, at least in this state, commissions are not reduced for being >80, and are the same for all plans. YMMV

Jimmy, have you considered moving him to the UHC Plan N? The $147 Part B deductible plus the small copays that Plan N has are far less than the premium savings here in TN. I have saved several elderly folks many $hundreds and eventually $thousands this way. Also, at least in this state, commissions are not reduced for being >80, and are the same for all plans. YMMV

It would save him $30, but I don't think it enough for him to justify the plan differences. They have the Select F as well in his county for about the same price. I am going to talk to him and see.

It would save him $30, but I don't think it enough for him to justify the plan differences. They have the Select F as well in his county for about the same price. I am going to talk to him and see.

WoW no wonder you didn't jump on that... here in Tennessee the sick people over 71 (give or take) save around $100/month by switching from F to N, a no brainer unless they're going to the doctor every single week...

If I weren't 150 miles from him I would drive and see him. It just isn't worth it for $185 and a roll of the dice.

Back