73 Years Old Female Got Turned Down by RNA

Foreclosure

Expert
Just received an email stating that RNA turned down her application due to medical history. This is a fully underwritten plan.

I dont know the reasons yet, since they're still going to send in the explanation.

She's still very much looking for $100K DB. Does matter if it's WL or NLG UL, just as long as it's a permanent policy, and it's under $380/month.

Thank you for your help.

Just received an email stating that RNA turned down her application due to medical history. This is a fully underwritten plan.

I dont know the reasons yet, since they're still going to send in the explanation.

She's still very much looking for $100K DB. Does matter if it's WL or NLG UL, just as long as it's a permanent policy, and it's under $380/month.

Thank you for your help.

You kinda need this info to go forward. Also have your client send in a request for all the underwriting info including the labs. Most likely will not get the APS. Unless your upline ordered it and have a copy. You need to re ask her the questions.

I sometimes like to get the MIB also. I want to know what the company will know.

Last edited:
Tough to offer any input without knowing the exact reason for the decline. Just looking at Compulife, standard rates with several carriers would be under $380/mo for $100k of no-lapse UL.

Just call them today for explanation as to why it was declined. They refused to give me the answer. Never have an app declined when I submit to other carriers before, this is my first and it happens with RNA.

Just call them today for explanation as to why it was declined. They refused to give me the answer. Never have an app declined when I submit to other carriers before, this is my first and it happens with RNA.

They will give the client the reason for the decline.

They will tell the client why she got turned down; get her on the phone and conference them in. Worst case is they send her a letter of explanation. It had to be pretty serious medical issue as I had a guy that had a TIA 8 years ago approved on the very same plan at a table 2. 79 yrs old, 25k face

a guy selling life insurance with a name of Foreclosure......:swoon::swoon:

You seem to be upset that the company wont tell you the reason for the decline, ummmmmm is this your first app? never heard of client rights, not your rights!

At that age, why does she need so much?

a guy selling life insurance with a name of Foreclosure......:swoon::swoon:

You seem to be upset that the company wont tell you the reason for the decline, ummmmmm is this your first app? never heard of client rights, not your rights!

At that age, why does she need so much?

Actually, you can usually get the reason from most companies. Very rare for them to stonewall you on it.

Actually, you can usually get the reason from most companies. Very rare for them to stonewall you on it.
If the reason for the decline was due to a condition divulged on the app or paramed, the underwriter will tell you a good deal.

If however, the reason for the decline was due to a condition NOT stated or a condition the applicant may not be aware of, the company will be much more stingy with the reason.

The standard approach is for the company to send a letter to the doctor of the client's choice or if it's a lab number out of range, the company may send the lab results straight to the client.

If the reason for the decline was due to a condition divulged on the app or paramed, the underwriter will tell you a good deal.

If however, the reason for the decline was due to a condition NOT stated or a condition the applicant may not be aware of, the company will be much more stingy with the reason.

The standard approach is for the company to send a letter to the doctor of the client's choice or if it's a lab number out of range, the company may send the lab results straight to the client.

Just another reason to do a very thorough app. Get everything out now. Saves you from sending in a bad app, and allows you to properly present it to the underwriter in a cover letter.

Back