8:00 Am Too Early for Telemarketing?

Mick_Keyou

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For those of you who hire telemarketers, what is the earliest time that you feel is appropriate to call?

For those of you who hire telemarketers, what is the earliest time that you feel is appropriate to call?

Whether it was me or someone I hired, I always felt like 9 was a good time to start, so that is what I had them do. I know some do 8am, but I would be pissed if someone called me that early while I was getting my day going. My two cents.

Legally you can call from 8a to 9pm......
Don't know if you're talking B-B or B-C but I don't like calling b-c prior to 10a
(for the reason Jimmy eluded to) and I don't like to go past 8pm, there are exceptions
if based upon several attempts and collected data that it may appear that the best time maybe earlier or later but as a rule I just don't like pushing the limit for EVERY prospect.

B-b it depends on the market some owners are around really early and really late and the contact rate may go through the roof for certain business types.

Good Luck

If on the East Coast take note of the 3hr difference on the West Coast. I've gotten those 5am and earlier calls and people wonder why I may not remember a call or sound like I was asleep when answering a call.

Before 9am and after 6-7pm, someone better be dying. Now, I have called people in both situations, but it was by their request.

Of course, if you are cold calling, most of them would prefer you never even call. So, just follow the law and don't worry. It could be a great time or a horrible time for the person you are about to call, you have no way of knowing in advance.

9am-6pm are best in my opinion. Call me outside of those hours unless I asked you to and I will decline whatever you have to offer even if I need it and its a good deal.

Back