8 Strategies to Jump-start Prospecting and Referrals

I wonder if the " Why only LIFE INSURANCE companies are equipped to firewall your assets from the potentially destructive forces of stock market volatility seminar for seniors" would bring any business. I have not had success on selling on life insurance companies. However, Social Security planning, changes to Social Security claiming strategies, How to minimize taxes on your Social Security will have more success.

I wonder if the " Why only LIFE INSURANCE companies are equipped to firewall your assets from the potentially destructive forces of stock market volatility seminar for seniors" would bring any business. I have not had success on selling on life insurance companies. However, Social Security planning, changes to Social Security claiming strategies, How to minimize taxes on your Social Security will have more success.

What I do with life insurance is it's usually term for young or middle-aged families. Try to set the appointment on the fact that you don't even know if life insurance is applicable, because you don't know anything about them. You do a fact find and see what they need for income replacement, pay the mortgage off (to keep the kids in the same school), pay any student loans off, send the kids college, etc etc. On the next appointment, have an itemized recommendation of everything. Once they reject, give them a ball point pen and tell them to cross off the most least important protection. Like Little Johnny's college fund, or staying in the home, or making sure your wife has some income replacement which if invested right, could make things a lot easier, etc etc. Usually gets them to sober up. I had the highest term life premium/face in my district when I was captive life. xD.

First, all annuities are offered by life insurance companies.

I completely agree with you. Talking about "life insurance companies" up front can hurt your results. You can talk about that during the later part of the fact-find or when you're getting ready to present your solution.

People want results and people want to know the PERSON and MIND behind the recommendations and ideas... not the companies. Agents are far above the companies they represent in terms of the value they can bring to the relationship.

Derrick, that kind of approach is fine when you are working for a captive and you sell a lot of term that has renewal. Over time, you build a term bank, and when the captive runs a sale or contest, and if you are still around, you can start converting them. If you become independent, you can continue that selling process, but you will be missing a lot of permanent sales. You make more if you sell them a combination perm/term from the beginning and set up future conversions.

Back