87 Year Old Needs Life Insurance

I"m going to say this and I'm not going to take it back.

I'm not sure the details about this client, but some people are very selfish. I run into people all the time, that don't really care about their wife or kids. They don't care if they die that their family would be homeless and they could solve this problem for 1 or 2 dollars a day, or less than what the avg man spends on Cable TV.

I hate seeing some people that wait until they think they have 1 foot in the grave and then wants to buy some cheap insurance....lol..

I'm not sure the details about this client, but some people are very selfish. I run into people all the time, that don't really care about their wife or kids. They don't care if they die that their family would be homeless and they could solve this problem for 1 or 2 dollars a day, or less than what the avg man spends on Cable TV.

I hate seeing some people that wait until they think they have 1 foot in the grave and then wants to buy some cheap insurance....lol..

You said it, Mark, and you can say that again, and again!:)

Here you go, TO AGE 99

Ad002.jpg

I'll go one better. I really deplore the truly ignorant. I once met with a guy and his wife who had 5 kids and ZERO life insurance. They were a blue collar couple who listened politely to what I had to say and the wife was very receptive. However the husband agreed to no more than a 10k "funeral policy". It was his belief that he didn't want to make "the next guy" rich.

He really thought that guys were lining up waiting for him to exit the picture so they could jump in to take care and support his 5 kids and very haggard looking wife??

I still think a simple, direct talk about the lost pay check if a breadwinner dies is the best way to get the attention of a prospect, especially if the spouse who would be losing that paycheck is present.

I only ever had one prospect go down that road, rejecting that idea. I recall listening to his rejection of the need for life insurance to replace his paycheck, then being very quiet (pregnant pause) looking at his wife (she had a poker face) and looking back at him, then repeating the paycheck thing about two more times before saying I really couldn't help him and getting up to leave. I recall him saying he still wanted some insurance, and I nicely explained he would have to get it from someone else.

If people aren't going to do the right thing, I won't help them do the wrong thing.

I'll go one better. I really deplore the truly ignorant. I once met with a guy and his wife who had 5 kids and ZERO life insurance. They were a blue collar couple who listened politely to what I had to say and the wife was very receptive. However the husband agreed to no more than a 10k "funeral policy". It was his belief that he didn't want to make "the next guy" rich.

He really thought that guys were lining up waiting for him to exit the picture so they could jump in to take care and support his 5 kids and very haggard looking wife??

You can't fix stupid or selfishness.

Latest posts

Back