91 day restriction on Short Term health plans

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I heard today on the radio Trump will remove the 91 day restrictions on short-term health plans? Anyone else here that.

I heard today on the radio Trump will remove the 91 day restrictions on short-term health plans? Anyone else here that.
Yes...and as CNN reported, in an effort to further destroy the wonderful product called ObamaCare, you can now buy STM for longer than 90 days and limited benefit, aka junk plans, that will drop you if you have claims...also, you can band together in associations, cross state lines.....buy crap (aka no maternity for single males) ....and the end result will be higher costs for all the sick people benefited by ObamaCare. aka impeach Trump.

Else, lots of people may actually be able to find affordable insurance once this gets settled....but the faster ObummerCare collapses, the sooner other solutions will show up. It;'s all Trumps fault anyway.

That's cute. But, I'd rather save $1100/mo or $13,000 a year, and not have a quarterly 5k deductible. He saved millions, and consumers will not be forced into non insurance products like indemnity and health sharing ministry plans.

By the way, he already signed it today.
Trump ACA executive order leaked

That's cute. But, I'd rather save $1100/mo or $13,000 a year, and not have a quarterly 5k deductible. He saved millions, and consumers will not be forced into non insurance products like indemnity and health sharing ministry plans.

By the way, he already signed it today.
Trump ACA executive order leaked
The quarterly $5K deductible is what you have today...once this is done, it will be a calendar year deductible like it was before....or maybe a 360 day deductible. Who knows?

That's why I said I'd rather not pay more or have a quarterly deductible.
Trump to the rescue! Too little too late? Hopefully not.

The quarterly $5K deductible is what you have today...once this is done, it will be a calendar year deductible like it was before....or maybe a 360 day deductible. Who knows?

Yep..up to 364 days of coverage available once again.

Due to Obamacare triggering greed by some health insurers, there are now HUGE differences in STM premiums from one company to the next. Do your homework ya'll.

Are we sure? I read that President Trump's Executive Order was to allow the Secretaries of Departments of Labor, Treasury, and HHS to consider proposing regulations or revising guidance which......... expands STM, allows sales across state lines, and allows association health plans. I think we still have a road to travel before we reach the destination.

They have to and should separate out the STM rule immediately, rather easy to go back to March and prior regulations with 60 day comment period.

Assoc health plans will take years with DOL involved

Trump seeks to loosen ACA insurance rules through executive order

Trump's order directs the Departments of Treasury, Labor and HHS to develop regulations within 60 days to expand coverage through low-cost, short-term health plans that are exempt from ACA insurance market rules.

Such plans would not have to comply with requirements to cover 10 categories of minimum essential benefits or accept all applicants at the same rates without regard to pre-existing medical conditions.

The order apparently would allow individuals to buy such short-term plans lasting up to 364 days. Obama administration rules limited the duration of short-term plans to 90 days and did not permit renewal of such policies.

Back