A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

Discussion in 'General Insurance Agent Discussions' started by Aaron_4SIGHT, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Aaron_4SIGHT

Aaron_4SIGHT Guru

State:
    Washington
  2. DHK

DHK I Am Not Your Guru

State:
    California
    Gene Simmons is doing insurance with HNW market.

Steve Harvey was with A.L. Williams for a bit of time.

3. Cash

Cash Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Another one is Dabo Swinney, coach of the Clemson Tigers.

4. Aaron_4SIGHT

Aaron_4SIGHT Guru

State:
    Washington

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  5. GoPokes

GoPokes Guru

State:
    Oklahoma
    And here I thought Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner, was the only one.

6. shawnkm

shawnkm New Member

Don't forget Roger Staubach. He sold life insurance during the off-season and before starting his real estate company.

7. Cash

Cash Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    That leads to Fran Tarkenton of Tarkenton Financial and football fame.

8. Nicole Phillips

Nicole Phillips New Member

State:
    Florida
    This makes me think of viators and viator settlements, a concept I learned when I was in the pre-licensing stage trying to obtain my credentials to sell Life Insurance Policies.

9. Zoaty

Zoaty Expert

State:
    Indiana
    Interesting to know some of these folks have worked in the industry. I can definitely see how it can develop skills for these folks that would otherwise be likely untapped.

10. Brian Anderson

Brian Anderson Executive Editor Moderator

State:
    Colorado
    Here's a quote from Clooney from a recent interview regarding his insurance job:

“I was a struggling actor for ten years and I have a great understanding of what it’s like to try to make things work...I would buy suits that were too long in the leg, cut the bottoms off and hem them up with a stapler, and use the leftover fabric to make ties for work…I sold insurance door to door — cold calls, knock knock, “Hi, do you have whole life insurance? We can turn whole life into term life and you can put the rest of your money into your retirement fund!” Believe me, it’s a terrible job.”

And a little context form the GQ piece that included the quote:
    Before George Clooney was an uber-famous movie star married to a stunning international human rights lawyer with an 18th century villa on Lake Como, he was just a guy trying to sell life insurance in Kentucky. Clooney himself pointed that out to a Daily Mail reporter during press interviews for his new movie Suburbicon (he's directing) this week. The subject came up when Clooney expressed a desire to not spoil the living daylight out of his twins, who were born in June.

Well, yeah, I guess door-knocking would seem like a terrible job compared to being one of the biggest movie stars on the planet
    :idea:

https://www.gq.com/story/george-clooney-diy-suit-tailoring-custom-ties