A Few Good IULs

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I normally sell GUL's but one guy is looking for more cash value than life insurance. I sat down with the guy and he pulled out his Bankers Life IUL which was 100k for 130.00/mth. I wanted to show him another company and see I can beat his Bankers Life IUL with another IUL. I'm still new with IULs. The only companies I can sell IULs from at the moment are Protective, Sagicor and Transamerica. Are any of those three recommended over Bankers Life IUL?

I normally sell GUL's but one guy is looking for more cash value than life insurance. I sat down with the guy and he pulled out his Bankers Life IUL which was 100k for 130.00/mth. I wanted to show him another company and see I can beat his Bankers Life IUL with another IUL. I'm still new with IULs. The only companies I can sell IULs from at the moment are Protective, Sagicor and Transamerica. Are any of those three recommended over Bankers Life IUL?

Transamerica....transnavigator I am sure will be a much better product run the transware illustration and compare for the client I run 100% on global index but you can split it up into the accounts you want

If you want to provide your clients a great IUL then you probably need to get appointed with North American. You will find others on the forum that confirm this. There are many aspects of the Bankers Life product that present problems to someone trying to build cash and use it for funding. Any illustration can show a percentage on growth but the trouble comes with the product when it restricts growth with it's methods of crediting interest and providing loans.
There are a couple of other companies that offer great solutions for IUL due to other goals for your client. The 3 you named are not known for this.

If you want to provide your clients a great IUL then you probably need to get appointed with North American. You will find others on the forum that confirm this. There are many aspects of the Bankers Life product that present problems to someone trying to build cash and use it for funding. Any illustration can show a percentage on growth but the trouble comes with the product when it restricts growth with it's methods of crediting interest and providing loans.
There are a couple of other companies that offer great solutions for IUL due to other goals for your client. The 3 you named are not known for this.

I agree....NA, Lincoln, Axa and a few others would be good places to get started.

Your carriers all certainly have their place. Just not for a solid IUL.

What Ray said. Also you could look at LSW and Penn Mutual. I would get a couple and learn them.

And since you say you sell GUL's, make sure to learn the ins/outs of IUL as they are much different. When you say "beat", well what does that mean?

And if you are looking at cash value permanent products, I wouldn't limit only to IUL. Make sure you have some WL carriers also.

My favorites are North American and Penn Mutual. Penn is great for slightly rated cases because they will table shave a table 4 all the way to standard. The other part of the program is that they will bump standard risks up to preferred. This can help out a lot with cases that are slightly out of the ordinary or for instances like my wife who lost her father to a heart attack at age 44 so she has always been standard with every other carrier due to this and she is a super preferred risk.

Just my $0.02.

Back