A Good Place to start

Apr 22, 2019

1. boldest7

boldest7 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hi I plan on getting me 2-15 license in the next few weeks. I am in the FL-GA area and to make this post short and sweet I just have 2 questions..

P.S. I am very new to sales but if I had to guess I think I will start with doing final expense and growing from there. THANK YOU IMMENSELY FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS..

1) Is there somewhere online or on this website where I can search for a large list of brokers to work for

2) Where is a best place to start in your honest opinion

boldest7, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Travis Price

Travis Price Super Genius

State:
    Michigan
    Dave Duford on Youtube. Genuine guy. Has a really great book on FE.

I feel like I’m shilling a bit because I mention the same two guys over and over. However, they aren’t paying me anything (affiliate program please?)

Dave was one of the reasons I decided to get back into insurance, frankly. I almost went to FE, but it didn’t align with my overall plan.

3. boldest7

boldest7 New Member

State:
    Florida
    ok thanks a ton.. I will check him out :)

but no companies specifically that you have worked with that were great to start out with

boldest7, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Travis Price

State:
    Michigan
    I don’t know much about FE. If it’s anything like Med Supps, the company tends to fluctuate based on your location (Morbidity tables and all.) Also Med Supps are standardized.

Dave (and I’m sure others) know the market well enough to point you in the right direction.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  5. shonceman

shonceman Guru

State:
    Texas
    Forum member Doug Massi (@Agentguy5 ) also has YouTube training vids and is right there in Florida. I’m told that Florida is kind of a unique market, so it might be helpful to have an upline who lives and works there.

Another good group with a Florida connection is Final Expense Entourage ( What We Offer - LearningFE ). It’s run by forum members Joshua Jones ( @HoosierLife ) and Brandon Smotherman ( @OttoGraf ). If I remember correctly, Brandon lived and worked FE successfully in Florida for a number of years. (They also have training vids!)

Of course, David Duford would also be an excellent choice.

6. boldest7

boldest7 New Member

State:
    Florida
    ok wonderful I will check both of these sources. if anyone else has any suggestions for myself and future members please make a suggestion :)

boldest7, Apr 23, 2019
  7. boldest7

boldest7 New Member

State:
    Florida
    lastly does anyone know of any good resources for the state of Georgia?

boldest7, Apr 23, 2019
  8. Travis Price

State:
    Michigan
    Just a heads up, and it’s something you should consider:

This forum has people every day just like you looking for information. The search bar is invaluable wealth of information.

9. HoosierLife

HoosierLife Want to write $20,000+ Guaranteed? bit.ly/learnfe

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the shout out. We have a number of agents in Florida and we sell tons of leads down there as well.