A Guardian GA by the name of

MAPDJim

Expert
Robert Fine & Associates http://robertfineassociates.com/new/Randy1/default.asp?

They are out of Framingham, MA and look like a real solid company. I have an interview with them on Friday and was wondering if anyone knew of them.

Apparently you can still be independent and yet get a monthly compensation while you "transition" to them. Benefits are also included. The woman I spoke to said they would be fine with someone working out of the corporate office or out of their own.

Obviously Guardian is a strong name and I've had an urge to get my series 7 and 63 again so it might be a good fit. They seem to have a great variety of products where I can settle in on a few and add some as I go.

This MA crap is getting old. Would love to find a company with great training (which I hear Guardian has), some proven marketing techniques and the ability to remain independent.

If any New Englanders on here have heard of them I'd love some feedback.

I do not know anything about the particular agency but I know that Guardian's contract is good. Especially in the first 4 years and assuming your persistancy is good. If the GA, agency and your mentor are solid, Guardian is a great place to be. If you are good and learn well, you may NOT want to stay. The cost of leaving will be your renewals. That's OK, because they front load the contract and you're actually making more money upfront while they are training you. It is a fair exchange to let them keep the business after you are gone. If you are not already registered, they will require it. One downside is that their broker dealer PAS is especially poor. I think you have 24 months before you must register. Of course, you may find that an agency is ideal for you and you want to stay. Guardian products are excellent, the contract is lucrative and a good agency will carry you far.

Guardian is a great place to be. They don't have a uniform sales training program for new agents...They'll probably slap the one card system in your face. It varies by agency. You will have access to product training online and it's fantastic. They also hold weekly webex training seminars that are outstanding and have all of them online for agents.

You are a broker. You can sell whatever you want with them. Obviously in order to keep your first years salary, you have small production requirements that are easy to meet.

Their Living Balance Sheet is a great tool, but they charge you for it.

PAS (Park Avenue Securities) isn't the best BD, but it's not as bad as xrac makes it out to be...IMO.

They have some products no other company has, though extremely niche, some people eat it up.

I'm new with them. Went from Northwestern Mutual to Indy and now I'm at Guardian. I wouldn't be with them if I couldn't retain my indy status. Best of both worlds IMO. PM me if you have any questions...

Guardian is a great place to be......I wouldn't be with them if I couldn't retain my indy status. Best of both worlds IMO......

I agree. Guardian leaves you alone as long as you have minimal production. You can run your own business and you can write what you want and use other products as you see fit. You may have a Guardian FR right in your neighborhood and not even know it. I work with a Guardian MDRT but you won't find him by hunting for Guardian in our phone book. He runs his own business and they leave him alone. I still stand by my belief that PAS is not a very good B/D.

I still stand by my belief that PAS is not a very good B/D.

PAS is the worst B/D I have worked with. I left Guardian b/c of PAS three years ago. If you want to independent then why work with Guardian? You can work with great products that pay better without the hassle of an agency.

Matt

Back