A hmmmmmm question on MLM

Ok buddy. You can have your opinion and I can have mine. IN MY OPINION MLM is just a legal way to make a pyramid scheme.

Your view of MLM is an opinion. Mine is factual.

I owned a MLM / NWM company from 1996 to 2001. I am well versed on how they operate.

Actually when a person signs up, the person who signs up that person makes $0. The only time you get paid is if that person sells something. Oh, and if there's a chargeback, you also get the chargeback.

Correct . . .

The difference is in the compensation of the agent who sells, but never recruits.

A traditional agency pays about 55%... while the new agent in these programs start out at about 25%. And typically, if they want an increase, they have to recruit.

In most legit setups - an Agent can increase their earning % with production and still build.

Honestly even if they have a product that sells If recruiting is more important then the product, It says a lot about the product and the company as a whole

No sense in being in a MLM / NWM if you aren't going to recruit . . .

Art and his organization basically opened up the industry to the common man and woman. Recruit the masses. Ive heard at one time his organization was running over 200,000 agents strong. Then he sold the company and many people went their seperate ways even starting other organizations.

So if the MLM concept was never brought in the industry would the industry still be all about Whole Life because didnt U.L. come into play to combat BTID?

For the most part the MLM concept was introduced to the industry by the A.L. Williams organization. My hmmmmm question is what do people think the industry would be like today if the MLM concept were never brought into the industry?

A tough question but hmmmmm..
MLM existed in the insurance business long before Art Williams.. He just elevated it to a new level.

So if the MLM concept was never brought in the industry would the industry still be all about Whole Life because didnt U.L. come into play to combat BTID?

Agents sell what they understand and what they like. If it wasn't AL Williams, it would've been someone else.

HA! Just did a search and found this. I doubt it's true, but I think it's funny that it's out there.
Origins Of Universal Life

Last edited:
That's my point, When recruiting is as important or more important than selling a product It shows the value of the product and the value of the company

If they don't keep recruiting they will fold

Not true. So long as a product is being sold . . .

Latest posts

Back