A hmmmmmm question on MLM

This statement on the Primerica site states the average comp is $6k.
Their annual reports also state the average rep historically issues fewer than 2 1/2 policies a year (before any cancellations/terminations), and would include any policy they may have purchased for themselves. That would indicate the average comp figure is highly skewed by a rare few top earners.

The big problem is, they do sell to those pursuing the opportunity, and the percentage breakdown is not required by regulators unless under investigation. Only 3 out of 10 sales made to those joining an opportunity constitutes an illegal pyramid scheme. Thats why the FTC places the onus on the consumer/public to make that determination.

Please show a reference to this stat.

If you want to discuss facts, name the MLM and lets review their Annual Distributor Income Disclosure Statement, or better yet, an SEC filed annual report.

The above are only required if a rep has to pay to join the company -or- uses income examples in their marketing -or- has an entry cost greater than $500.

"Ray, I noticed you're the only one on the team that hasn't bought a convention ticket yet? Remember, in order to lead, it's critical to your success to lead by example". Now Ray, are you being forced to buy that ticket??

Thankful that ONE Life doesn't charge our Agents and / or Guests to attend our Annual Conference.

Agents sell what they understand and what they like. If it wasn't AL Williams, it would've been someone else.

HA! Just did a search and found this. I doubt it's true, but I think it's funny that it's out there.
Origins Of Universal Life

Yeah, I don't think that article is right either. However, I do think that Art had a lot to do with the massive increase in UL policies being sold.

Check this out: https://www.soa.org/globalassets/as...elopment-section/1999/january/m-as99-3-06.pdf

Consumers / Buyers outside the comp plan.

Mary Kay and Advocare are two fine examples. 75% of their sales are too consumers that are not reps.
Yes, because reps who joined the opportunity, yet failed to earn any commissions though purchasing products are simply reclassified as preferred customers. Regulators do not require that an MLM provided audited lists of who joins as a distributor and who joins as a customer. MLMs are therefore free to reclassify people however they see fit. In fact, MLMs are not required to provide the FTC with any info.....unless under direct investigation. That is why they warn the public to make their own determination.

Last edited:
that are not reps.
They may not be presently, because of the huge churn rate, but a great number began purchasing the products when first recruited. Some continue to use the products for awhile after leaving. The common denominator is that they became clients after joining the opportunity, which is internal consumption in spirit at the very least.

Back