A-list celebs among investors in life insurance startup Ethos

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Brian Anderson submitted a new article

A-list celebs among investors in life insurance startup Ethos
bigstock-NEW-YORK-SEPT-Rapper-Jay-Z-140498597-1.jpg

Insurtech startup with some famous backers latest that aims to revolutionize the insurance purchasing experience via predictive analytics to issue policies in minutes without a medical exam.
Continue reading the Original Article.

Taking the professional out of the equation, good idea. I'm sure people with no training know what gaps they have and what the best product for their needs are. Can't wait till we can start prescribing ourselves medication based on what we find on WebMD.

breaking news. Many companies are using (quick turnaround-non medical underwriting) and now writing both term and permanent products. Can get preferred plus and many companies will write up to a million. Decision 24-48 hours after phone interview. Always good to shop and use the best fit for age, amount conditions, etc. Are the costs lower since the carrier is not paying commissions to greedy agents? Like where it says, "There is always a non-commissioned licensed agent available to give unbiased guidance". That is funny. Nobody works for free.

Do you think Jay Z specifically spoke to Ethos or heard their pitch? No. He parked some of his money with a massive VC firm, Sequoia Capital, to invest it for him into many many companies like Ethos.

Insurance is supposed to be promulgated. So, their products are gonna be the same price as street price (if they are selling crap, that same crap should be available to all agents, imo).

Correct me if i'm wrong PLEASE???

Insurance is supposed to be promulgated. So, their products are gonna be the same price as street price (if they are selling crap, that same crap should be available to all agents, imo).

Correct me if i'm wrong PLEASE???
I would think so. The actuaries will keep it so. Math is undefeated.

Back