A Little Good News from BCBS TX

KennyWest

Guru
100+ Post Club
Saw the below today, at least a little good news for post 01/2017 effective dates from BCBS TX

Tiers attached, basically unchanged from during OE

=====================================================
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 10:20 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Cc: Manny Gelabert
Subject: Important Changes on U65 Individual Market Producer Compensation RESEND

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) remains committed to expanding access to quality health care to as many people as possible across the state through the under 65 individual market. We value our relationships with producers as an important distribution component for our products and services, and for the critical role you play helping consumers navigate the enrollment process.

We are pleased to announce that BCBSTX will offer producer commissions for new sales of under 65 individual (ACA) policies with effective dates of Jan. 1, 2017, or after. The compensation schedule has been structured in a three-tier model based on new policies effective and in-force for at least 30 days, allowing those who do more to be awarded and recognized for their efforts in selling individual business.

Tier assignments are based upon your new sales that became effective between Jan. 1, 2015, and Dec. 31, 2015, and remained in force for at least 30 days.

Your tier assignment for 2017 is XXXX

View the attached compensation schedule.

This compensation schedule applies to under 65 individual sales only. It does not apply to any sales or renewals within the group and Medicare markets, or individual ancillary products.

Your existing individual business will continue to be paid based on the compensation schedule in place at the time of the policy’s original effective date.

Resources and support will also be available via the Retail Producer Portal and Blue Access for ProducersSM to help ensure you understand this important change and how it may impact your business.

As the individual market evolves, we, in turn, will continue to assess the way we operate in order to offer sustainable health plan options to our members.

=====================================================

Attachments

• ind_commission_schedule_TX.pdf
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
Does anyone know if the HCSC Blue Cross companies have removed the rule that 0% commissionable 2016 SEP enrollees will stay at 0%, if we enroll them in a 2017 plan?

100% sure they are NOT paying us in 2017 for 2016 SEP members.

That's too bad. Most of my clients who had the now defunct Land of Lincoln Illinois Cooperative, did a BCBS-IL SEP when their LOLH coverage ended on September 30, 2016.

To add insult to injury, Blue Cross is the only decent company in Illinois for 2017.

But thanks for confirming that BCBS is not budging on these, KGMom. I'm looking forward to offering underwritten plans once again, at 20% commission.

That's too bad. Most of my clients who had the now defunct Land of Lincoln Illinois Cooperative, did a BCBS-IL SEP when their LOLH coverage ended on September 30, 2016.

To add insult to injury, Blue Cross is the only decent company in Illinois for 2017.

But thanks for confirming that BCBS is not budging on these, KGMom. I'm looking forward to offering underwritten plans once again, at 20% commission.

AC...I love you, but underwriting and 20% commission isn't coming back.

WANNA BET? HOW MUCH?

I'm 100% sure it's coming back, KGMom. No other way to make healthy people over 300% of FPL happy.

The government can continue to assist those who must pay through the roof, because of their poor health.

WANNA BET? HOW MUCH?

I'm 100% sure it's coming back, KGMom. No other way to make healthy people over 300% of FPL happy.

The government can continue to assist those who must pay through the roof, because of their poor health.

Bottle of Grey Goose???

I'll even give you til 1/1/19 commission announcements :)

I am not sure why you assume they are going to pay full compensation, or any compensation during SEP when they did not in 2016. If you want to take that bet, I will gladly put some money on it.

WANNA BET? HOW MUCH?

Bottle of Grey Goose???

I'll even give you til 1/1/19 commission announcements :)

wanna bet? did you just say that to a rich man?... how much you got dog.... I will own your arse

Aw c'mon, AllenChicago already won the bet! We have underwriting and 20% (or more) commission on short-term major medical plans at this very moment. He didn't say it would be underwriting on every type of plan for every type of client. After all, his most recent post said, "The government can continue to assist those who must pay through the roof, because of their poor health."

So, send the man the bottle of Grey Goose. plus whatever amount of money it takes to "own somebody's arse".

Last edited:
Back