A Med Supp Co that actually knows how to sell them?

There are several companies that mail out their own DM with rates on it. I think if you mail a piece with the company name and price, you run the risk of the customer cutting you out and going direct. I think there are some companies that will give you a DM template with their prices on it (MOO comes to mind, I could be wrong), but you may have the best success with your own DM piece with sample prices on it...just my guess

It was our (another broker I work closely with) intention this year to focus on Med Supps.

We found a carrier that has a Plan N for $97 a month--in a state where BC Plan Fs are like $200

However, that carrier and in fact NONE of the ones we have looked at have any marketing materials worth using. "WE ARE A WONDERFUL FIRM" in 32 pt type and oh yes $97 a month in 6 pt type--almost like a disclaimer

Anyone know a Med Supp carrier with 1. Fabulous rates (a Plan N is a plan N) and 2. Actually might have some DM cards/flyers etc that showcase the rate?

PMs are OK too if you like

It seems to me that you are setting yourself for some challenges if you approach this market by pre categorizing the product for your customers without receiving information or feedback from them.

I personally don't see a lot of difference between approaching the market and saying everyone should buy a Medicare Advantage plan because ..... or approaching the market and saying everyone should buy a Medigap Plan N because ......

Based on posts I see on this forum, the most critical element in the sale of a Medigap plan is NOT carrier literature. It is YOU.

Seems to me you are trying to go about this backwards now. You should figure out if the company is competitive for you and then find out if they have the type of brochures, etc that you are looking for. Otherwise you'll be finding a lot of companies that have great brochures but you won't be able to use them competitively.
Might be. Missouri has a two month GI period. BC and UHC are very high and most people have been sold Plan Fs. Our "plan" was to take the $97 Plan N we found and mail mid to upper level Seniors Complexes. So we know where are targets are, we know they feel they are paying way too much---the problem is making them aware of it. Generic "do you want a quote on your Med Supp" wont cut it.

It would seem easy enough --if know the location of your prospects, know their needs and desires, have the product to satisfy their needs---and no way to get it in front of them. Frustrating as hell

We were sure that those paying $175 to $225 a month for Plan F would be interested in something for $97--for a couple thats almost $2500 a year back in their pockets. And perhaps the Plan N is NOT what they want--perhaps its a switch to MAPD or maybe even FE. But it starts the convo.

THANKS though for actually reading what I said! Not sure this has a resolution but thought I would try THANK YOU

It seems to me that you are setting yourself for some challenges if you approach this market by pre categorizing the product for your customers without receiving information or feedback from them.

I personally don't see a lot of difference between approaching the market and saying everyone should buy a Medicare Advantage plan because ..... or approaching the market and saying everyone should buy a Medigap Plan N because ......

Based on posts I see on this forum, the most critical element in the sale of a Medigap plan is NOT carrier literature. It is YOU.
I cant talk to them unless they call me. I cant get them to call without a reason. Saving $100 a month is a good reason. Its not perfect but I think it will work. Its not about the Literature its not about me its not about Plan F--its GETTING A CALL and starting the convo.

I cant talk to them unless they call me. I cant get them to call without a reason. Saving $100 a month is a good reason. Its not perfect but I think it will work. Its not about the Literature its not about me its not about Plan F--its GETTING A CALL and starting the convo.

LD had a good post. Market YOU. Never market a carrier. The carrier is the miniscule detail.

Market YOU.

YOU can save them $. You can solve their problem. The carrier is just your temporary vehicle. It's you hammer to use today to pound in the nail.

Imagine marketing as a roofer. Do you market your new nailgun and your spiffy ladder? Nope. You market yourself as the cleanest roofer to carefully protect their largest investment.

Next year (or a few months from now)... you may be utilizing a new carrier.

Might be. Missouri has a two month GI period. BC and UHC are very high and most people have been sold Plan Fs. Our "plan" was to take the $97 Plan N we found and mail mid to upper level Seniors Complexes. So we know where are targets are, we know they feel they are paying way too much---the problem is making them aware of it. Generic "do you want a quote on your Med Supp" wont cut it.

It would seem easy enough --if know the location of your prospects, know their needs and desires, have the product to satisfy their needs---and no way to get it in front of them. Frustrating as hell

We were sure that those paying $175 to $225 a month for Plan F would be interested in something for $97--for a couple thats almost $2500 a year back in their pockets.
And perhaps the Plan N is NOT what they want--perhaps its a switch to MAPD or maybe even FE. But it starts the convo.

THANKS though for actually reading what I said! Not sure this has a resolution but thought I would try THANK YOU

One of my hardest lessons that I had to learn when it comes to Medicare recipients. DON'T try and save them too much money. They won't believe that you can do that and you won't make the sale.

Now I'm not saying this is true 100% of the time, and I won't even say it's the majority of the time, but it is enough that you will notice when it happens to you!

We were sure that those paying $175 to $225 a month for Plan F would be interested in something for $97--for a couple thats almost $2500 a year back in their pockets.

That is not necessarily true. I would not buy a plan N even if you priced it lower than my HDF.

It seems to me that you might do better to find a way to be known as the agent who will attempt to help you find the right plan at an affordable price rather than Mr. Lowball.

I'm not a fan of a one size fits all mentality. Why would you market one carrier based on price only? What happens when that carrier has a massive rate increase and all your business gets affected simultaneously?

Back