A New Taxpayer Bailout to Cover Up ObamaCare’s Failure?

Obamacare is circling the drain . People who do. It qualify for subsidies are flocking to short term medical plans or going without . The majority. Of people taking exchange planes are eather getting subsadies or are sick.
Wait tell next year rate increases if there is anyone left in the industry .. Does anyone need a home or auto quote

There's an Oregon co-op suing, too

Rubio's legacy: How the GOP aimed its guns at Obamacare and hit innocent consumers instead - LA Times

The law says they are going to get X dollars back from the risk corridor, they price it accordingly, then congress pulls the money. Consumers pay the price.

Don't confuse "propose" with "promise".

Funds were never guaranteed from everything I've seen. They only collect if a company has excess profits. If no company has excess profits, there's no money to collect, no money to give to those with losses.

I keep saying "prisoner's dilemma", because that's exactly what they intended to create when crafting these rules.

Don't confuse "propose" with "promise".

Funds were never guaranteed from everything I've seen. They only collect if a company has excess profits. If no company has excess profits, there's no money to collect, no money to give to those with losses.

I keep saying "prisoner's dilemma", because that's exactly what they intended to create when crafting these rules.

"It depends on what the definition of 'is' is." :D

The Feds are going to have a tough time explaining how the program developed an atmosphere of moral hazard in the marketplace and then yanked the rug out.

Obamacare was designed to fail from the start. In spite of what the Obama choom gang told the public, and carriers, they knew exactly what would happen.

If the program was sound there was never any need for a govt bailout.

If the carriers were bright enough they never would have bought into the pile of horse hockey and would have either bowed out before the starting whistle (and several did), put out rate designed to support the risk (if that was even possible) or bought private reinsurance.

A combination of stupid voters (Gruber's term), ignorant Congress critters, and naive insurance carriers created this mess.

Now the rest of us have to clean out the stable.

Back