A Newbie Here-been Offered Job with Visionary Insurance Partners-anybody Have an Opinion About VIP?

greygoose12

I'm looking into a career change as I've been laid off from my job and I've been looking into selling insurance. I know it takes awhile to build up your book and it's commission only but apart from that I'm really green. This company has given me an interview (not offered me a job yet) but they want $850 up front for training and licensing. Is this standard for new agents to pay to be trained? I can't find much news online about this company(Visionary Insurance Partners) but I'm a little wary of spending that kind of cash up front, especially knowing that I will have to pay for leads and it's commission only. Great forum for new people like me and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Thank you,

Greygoose12

I'm looking into a career change as I've been laid off from my job and I've been looking into selling insurance. I know it takes awhile to build up your book and it's commission only but apart from that I'm really green. This company has given me an interview (not offered me a job yet) but they want $850 up front for training and licensing. Is this standard for new agents to pay to be trained? I can't find much news online about this company(Visionary Insurance Partners) but I'm a little wary of spending that kind of cash up front, especially knowing that I will have to pay for leads and it's commission only. Great forum for new people like me and I'm looking forward to learning more.

Thank you,

Greygoose12

This screams scam to me. DO NOT PAY FOR TRAINING!!!!!!!!!! What state are you residing in?

I've been an independent in Northern NJ for over 25 years...I've never heard of Visionary Insurance Partners...Did the person who interviewed you indicate what market they would offer you training in for your up front fee??

From one goose to another, RUN. You can find companies that will train you and pay you a modest salary for the first few weeks. I would stay away from anything where you have to pay them upfront.

Thanks to each of you. In my gut it felt wrong to have to pay upfront and I walked away from the opportunity. It didn't feel right on a few different levels but they were very smooth in their presentation. They made you feel that "I was the lucky one" out of all they respondents that they hand chose to be their broker etc. It was an ad from CL that I answered and I'm hoping there weren't others like me who did in fact pay. ouch.

Thanks again,

greygoose12

I know who this firm is and I have a friend that works for them. He claims they are a good firm and they spend a lot of time training the new agents on how to use the virtual system they provide. He went through the training and seems to be doing pretty well with them so far. He too had to pay the fee, but claims it was well worth it. I have no personal experience with them, but have recently been thinking of going to a virtual system. The thing I liked about what he said, was that they had good lead systems. He also said a guy by the name of Greg Loerzel who runs the firm does most of the training and he was a big wig with Assurant Health for like 20 years or so, and my friend says he is a good guy. I might give it a shot if my business gets any worse. I think I may like to work in front of a computer instead of behind the wheel all day !! Who knows ??!! A year or so ago there was another firm that did this same kind of thing that I knew of. It is definitely becoming more and more common.

Try this company us health advisors
You have to pay for your license around $300 and for appointment fee's $92. They provide great agent support, training, sell your first application for you, provide leads, have trips and stock. If you have any questions my email me. tarainadeciantis gmail I can help you depending on where you live. Good Luck :)

Thank you,

Greygoose12

Everyone that you ask will have a different opinion if they have never worked for a firm like Visionary Insurance Partners. The thing is that times are changing and these virtual on-line firms must provide an enormous amount of training and tools to do this kind of job. They spend lots of time and money if they are a good firm to get every agent set up. So I would have to say that a fee of $850 dollars is not bad at all. I now work here and I feel I got a very fair deal. I have the best job I have ever had and I initially took the job because of a friend that worked there and shared the same things with me. So I would highly recommend them. You also must remember that people who have never worked for a virtual firm of this magnitude are basing their opinions on the past. Things are changing in the insurance world and if you want to make a good income these days, a virtual system is definitely a good way to do it.

Everyone that you ask will have a different opinion if they have never worked for a firm like Visionary Insurance Partners. The thing is that times are changing and these virtual on-line firms must provide an enormous amount of training and tools to do this kind of job. They spend lots of time and money if they are a good firm to get every agent set up. So I would have to say that a fee of $850 dollars is not bad at all. I now work here and I feel I got a very fair deal. I have the best job I have ever had and I initially took the job because of a friend that worked there and shared the same things with me. So I would highly recommend them. You also must remember that people who have never worked for a virtual firm of this magnitude are basing their opinions on the past. Things are changing in the insurance world and if you want to make a good income these days, a virtual system is definitely a good way to do it.

You got suckered out of $850. Doesn't mean anyone else should.

Back