A Newer Outlook on Universal Health Care

"And to help the poor or others struggling to afford health insurance, Mr. Giuliani said he would support vouchers and tax refunds, but he gave no details about how he would pay for them."

That seems to be a huge issue..... It'd be great for people who are self employed and already buy their own insurance.... but it doesn't really seem to do much about getting the people who don't have insurance some coverage. I'd like to hear exactly what kind of a voucher system he is proposing for people who are poor...

If it was something that helped people with all ranges of income, it sounds like it actually could really boost our business, which would be great.

My opinion Group Insurance needs to go bye bye - it is a flawed system.

However that in mind - Individual Insurance would need to be MANDATED or face tax penalties - i.e. hybrid MA plan...

However here is the problem - "blocking" of individual business creates what is effectively the "individual death spiral" - i.e. You buy a plan with BIG BLUE and they BLOCK you (which they do) after 5 years or less the only thing left in your plan is older folk who are less transitional and uninsurables that can not move.

Blocking is the dirty little secret of individual health insurance. IL just passed a law I believe requiring no more than 30% differential between blocks I think.

The secret must be out....

It is all a scam, that we as taxpayers would pay. Require HI for everyone similar to auto insurance. If they can't afford it, subsidize it. Broaden the risk pool for uninsurables.

Back