A Nice Term Life Quoting Engine?

15 years and I have yet to get a lead. However,Last week I got a call from a buddy that I gave the free subscription to last year. He got a term4sale call. A local doctor. Sold a $3K AP term and rewrote a UL for $4K AP. I hate him now.:cry:

We are going to be making some changes to the www.term4sale.com agent listings that we hope generate more consumer contacts for subscribers. Here is the DRAFT section from the October 2010 bulletin, let me know what you think:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Coming Improvements To Term4Sale Listings [/SIZE][/FONT]

Following the work on Quinstreet, we have decided to add/offer a new feature to a list of improvements that we are going to make to our www.term4sale.com web site. The new feature will allow consumers to contact subscribers by email, through the agent listings page at www.term4sale.com.

Currently, if you were to visit www.term4sale.com, enter a zip code and do a quote, the "Find An Agent" button appears numerous times throughout the quote. If you click on that button, a list of 3 agents names appears, with their name, phone number, listing city and the optional "web page" link.

NOTE: Agents who have web sites with links to www.term4sale.com, can have the web page links for free.

With the changes that we are proposing, a new button will be added to the list, and will appear between the name and phone number. The button will be called "Contact" and be listed under the title email.

If the consumer clicks the contact button next to the agent name, an email form will appear much as it does if you push the "Application Request" that now appears next to individual products in the $99 online quote option. If you do not know what we are referring to, go to:

www.termsampler.com

From that page, enter in client data and click the "Compare Now" button. On the results page, next to each product, is a "Request Application" button. If you click on that, fill it in, we will receive that request because this is our SAMPLE site. Providing that you give us your email address, we will forward back to you the email request that we receive from you. That will let you see what it looks like.

NOTE: When the online quotes are added to your web site, "Request Application" emails do not qo to Compulife, they go to you. That is one of the things you can amend on the control panel for your site. The control panel is set up for you at the same time you obtain the online quoting option.

We are now planning to add that same type of capability to the "Find An Agent" button. Once again, when this new change is completed, the consumer will be given a list of agents and in that list will be a new column between the agent name and phone number. The new column will be titled "Email" and there will be a "Contact" button next to each agent name.
If the consumer clicks on the "Contact" button, an email form will come up and say:
  • Once you have completed the information in the following form, and click the "Submit Contact Form" button, this agent will be sent an email and advised that you would like them to contact you.
Below that paragraph the form will then ask for the consumer's name, phone number, email address, best time to be contacted and a note should they wish to pass along any information. Following that will appear the "Submit Contact Form" button. When the consumer pushes the button an email will with the above information will be sent to the agent at the email address specified in the agent's account with Compulife. We will also provide you the information that the client originally entered into the client entry form - birthdate, sex, face amount, insurance category, etc.

NOTE: We realize that that email address that you use for your Compulife subscription may end up being different than the one that you want these requests to go to and so we will offer you the option of specifying a different email for that purpose. Initially, and unless advised differently, we will use the default email for your subscription.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]The New "Buy Now" Button [/SIZE][/FONT]

A further change will also be made to the www.term4sale.com results page. Currently, next to each individual product in the display you will see the same "Find Agent" button which does exactly what the "Find Agent" button at the top of the screen does. This button will be replaced with a new button called "Buy Now". "Buy Now" will take the consumer to a new web page which will be a modified version of the agent listing page. It will state, the following:
  • Neither Term4Sale, Inc. or it's parent company Compulife Software, Inc. sell life insurance. Compulife provides life insurance comparison software to thousands of agents throughout the United States and Canada.
  • You have expressed an interest in purchasing the following life insurance policy:
  • Name of Company
    Name of Product
    Health Category
    Annual Premium Monthly Premium
  • NOTE: Not all agents sell for all companies. With that in mind we recommend that you complete the following form. An email will be sent to the following 3 Compulife subscribers:
    • Here a list of subscribers will appear, as they do now in the Find Agent list
  • and each of the above subscribers will be invited to contact you if they offer the company/product that you have selected, or can advise you of which comparable product(s) they do offer that would be a competitive substitute.
  • If you prefer to contact agents individually, feel free to call them or use the email contact button next to each agent's name which appears on the above list.
    Completing the following form will alert all three by email. We believe that it is a great idea to have agents competing for your business. With that in mind, we would invite you read the important information that follows this Contact Form:
    Contact Form
          • Name
            Phone Number
            email Address
            Best Time to Call
  • IMPORTANT: The agents listed at this web site are NOT employees of Compulife Software, Inc. - they are subscribers to our life insurance comparison software. While we cannot and do not control their business practices, they have been forewarned to be polite, courteous and helpful in serving you. If you experience any difficulties in dealing with agents listed on this site, we appreciate hearing from you immediately. Please email your comments to Compulife President Robert L. (Bob) Barney at [email protected] or you can call Bob at (888) 798-3488. Following this will be the same information that now follows the list of agents in the "Find Agent" webpage...
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+2]Improving Consumer Traffic and Contacts [/SIZE][/FONT]

The objective of these changes is to make it easier for consumers who use www.term4sale.com to connect with subscribers to Compulife. From time to time we hear from subscribers who are very pleased with the business that they have done as a result of www.term4sale.com. We also hear from time to time from subscribers who are unhappy because they believe that they are not doing enough business from their listing.

We believe the new email/contact functions will result in more contacts for agents. Unlike phone calls, we think there will be less consumer resistance to making a contact by email. Where it may be scary to pick up the phone and call an agent, it is much easier for the consumer to send their name and phone number and have the agent call them. This way the agent breaks the ice.
Further, you will know that it was your listing at term4sale that produced the contact because the consumer's contact will come by an email generated by www.term4sale.com, whereas a consumer may call you about life insurance and never mention that they got your name from the web site.

Compulife will also be tracking these initial email requests and using the information to determine what volume of calls are being produced by given zip code listings and email lead generated for individual agents by the site.

Earlier in the year we told you of other planned improvements where we would be modifying our zip code search system to create a nearest physical location search instead of a nearest numeric zip code search. We also told you there will be a panel that you can visit where you can see where you are listed, and what other listings are available in that state, and how many agents are listed around you. That work will also be completed at the same time as we are offering the new email contact options.

We had also indicated earlier that we would begin to offer a system of evaluating zip codes based upon zip code populations. That methodology will now be amended. The value of a zip code (for 2012) with will be based upon actual email contacts that are generated by that zip code listing.

Further, by tracking the "contact" hits on zip codes, we will be able to also provide you with that information later in 2011 - as part of the panel that lets you review zip code listing. Of course zip codes producing more hits than average will cost more to renew for 2012. All of this additional work will be going on at the same time as the email contact changes are being made.

Last edited:
Bob >>... the consumer will be given a list of agents and in that list will be a new column between the agent name and phone number......

Suggestion: Give us a line to add text. Such as: "Serving California since 1985". Or "I am better than those other guys." Or "Out of Ramen, Please call me"

Bob >>... the consumer will be given a list of agents and in that list will be a new column between the agent name and phone number......

Suggestion: Give us a line to add text. Such as: "Serving California since 1985". Or "I am better than those other guys." Or "Out of Ramen, Please call me"

You can have a whole web page full of text when they click on the link to your web site - but then it's your web site and I'm not responsible for what you say about yourself.

So question, do you have a link on your listing at www.term4sale.com to your website?

If yes - then make sure the link is to a page that says stuff that a visitor from www.term4sale.com should know about you.

If no - all you need to do is have a link somewhere on your web site to www.term4sale.com, and we'll give you a link to a page on your site.

The "contact" button is not a substitute for that, it will be a new way for a consumer to tell you they would like to talk.

I would like some feedback from you guys if possible.

Should I add a link from my website to a Term Life Quoting website I am considering buying.

I have a Life Insurance Quote Tab listed but should I say something like." For term Quotes Click Here" After clicking they would go to my term quoting tool.

Please let me know what you think. I don't want to blow money if I don't have to.

Thanks,

We are developing a term life quoting engine and looking for an agent to give us feeback. In exchange, you can use our quoting engine for free. PM for details.

And during the last 12 years we have had an on-line term quoting engine, which you can try for FREE by clicking here:

Website Quotes

If you are NOT a Compulife subscriber, you can still try it free by clicking here:

Compulife - 4 Months Free

Cost of the engine after 4 months - $99 per year if you are a Compulife subscriber, $298 per year if you are not.

NOTE: Engine also quote ROP Term and No lapse UL. For a sample go here:

www.termsampler.com

to see the options, go here:

www.termsample.com

And on a final note, here's our feedback:

Compulife Testimonials

Last edited:
Back