A Project for You Folks: A Challenge for You

HomeService

Guru
1000 Post Club
OK, maybe a project for myself -and you. I am going to look around, try and get hired. I wish to be a career life insurance guy. Maybe captive, maybe not. I will keep you folks posted, but any help you folks have to give-will be appreciated. I have been selling off and on since 1986. Mostly off. I need to find a place to work, and stay there. For a while. I have not built a career.

Last edited:
Bump, let us hear your reasons for "the best career shop". Your best shop, and the reasons. Let's get down and dirty and figure out where the best place is to make a career, for those of us not willing to be independent?? Let's hear your stories.

BLC, reasons: they teach you to sell. No debit collections (I've done that). You'll be sick of them when you are ready to break out on your own. Learn the system, it works anywhere. They gear you to be a salesman (from my experience). Best Wishes.

All of this really depends on what market you wish to be in, and what you like to sell? I work in the senior market 90% of the time, and sell underage products by referrals and request 10% of the time.

If I had an agent who was open to working in the senior market, I would tell them 110% to contact Mutual of Omaha and let MOO show them over the next couple of years how to win in the business.

Metlife, Northwestern and NYL are all great companies the one problem is they will also say bring us a list of 400 of your nearest friends and family.

after reding you post, going captive may be the best thing for you. here are my reasons

1. The are going to train you how to sell.
2. they may provide some leads and orphans policies to help you get started.
3. Sounds like you need more structure, someone to oversee what you are doing and to hold you accountable.

So depending on what market you want to serve here are some options.

Senior market - I agree with magagent, Mutual Of Omaha is a great place to start.

For the Middle American Market - Life etc... Metlife, Northwestern Mutual or New York Life - They are have great products and provide a great deal of help to the agent.

Best of Luck!

BLC, reasons: they teach you to sell. No debit collections (I've done that). You'll be sick of them when you are ready to break out on your own. Learn the system, it works anywhere. They gear you to be a salesman (from my experience). Best Wishes.
Bankers Life and Casualty? No thanks. They have a horrible reputation here , have gone through several managers in the past few years. I actually worked for them in 1993 for like a month, could not sell a thing. Back then they had a Major Med they were selling, I'm sure that business is long gone. They were mainly med supp and long term care, not really competetive now as far as I know. I appreciate your input but I have a past with them, and I do not think a future. Now, in other states, things may be different, but around here, no way. I am not sick of debit collections at all. BTW, I just did two months with a debit company and loved it, wish I did not have to quit, but the manager kind of forced me to- long story.

Back