A question for Experienced agents

I looked at the GA app and it does ask for a sponsoring insurance company. I looked up agents in GA and I do not see any listing of sponsoring companies, though it does list the companies they are appointed to sell for.

It is probably something simple, but I would stop in and ask an agent, perhaps one that you do business with that will not feel threatened by the competition.

Not sure why you want to come over to the dark side. The P&C commissions suck ;)

You should go to a local Independent Agent and get appointed through him/her. You will need help learning the intricacies of the business, plus not many companies will appoint you with no book of P&C business - especially with the type of insurance you are looking at. Talk to an agent and work up a contract where you own 75% of your business. Trust me, that 25% will be worth every penny. In fact, you will probably save that right off the bat with the savings that you will get by getting added to the Independent Insurance Agent's E&O Insurance.

I have a small P&C agency here in N. Atlanta and would be open to discussing ideas on how we can make this a win-win.

Email me if interested.

Just saw your question Paradigm.
Couple of thoughts for you. It sounds like you will be shipping antiquities? The company/s and policies you use will depend on several things. What exactly you are shipping, how far (local, regional, national, over seas) mode of transportation (road, water, air). It's hard to give you a direction as far as companies when I don't know more about what you are looking to insure or maybe I should say the risk you want to cover.
As far as workers comp, GL and BOP there are several options. Again I think it would depend on your overall plan. You want to insure contractors, zoos, hospitals, all of the above? Some companies specialize and some are generalists.

Back