AA or IA?

To AA or IA

• Issue Age is the only way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Offer both if possible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's all the same in the end

AA or IA does not matter...within 3-5 years the AA will be as much or more than the IA. AA is just easier to sell at age 65, because most seniors do not understand the difference...all they see is the price. IA better? no way--just look at United American as they are the most expensive in many states.

You know most agents do not know the difference. It is all there in the Medicare book on Supplements.

Most just look at the chart and quote the premium listed. And that is mostly what the client wants. The want to know is it the same and how much is it?

Sometimes the more you explain the more confusing it is. Keep it simple!

midwestbroker said:
You know most agents do not know the difference. It is all there in the Medicare book on Supplements.

Most just look at the chart and quote the premium listed. And that is mostly what the client wants. The want to know is it the same and how much is it?

Sometimes the more you explain the more confusing it is. Keep it simple!

Are you suggesting this is a good thing?

Well, most agents that I know do not address the issue. Most people do not ask. How much, will I be approved, will it cover everything (plan F) and when will it start are the 4 most important factors I run into.

Funny that the state websites (that I know of) do not address that when you price a supp on them.

midwestbroker said:
Well, most agents that I know do not address the issue. Most people do not ask. How much, will I be approved, will it cover everything (plan F) and when will it start are the 4 most important factors I run into.

Funny that the state websites (that I know of) do not address that when you price a supp on them.

Delaware and Maryland do...IA and CA are definitely pushed more than IA here...must have something to do with AARP.

Rumors have it that plan F will be phased out. Too much money and too many seniors coming into age. The K & L plans are going to be major players in the next few years. Esp since Medicare is thinking of going 75/25.

That is just the rumor mill talking, but I still am selling mainly F.

I know that the Part B premium is going to be around $93 and if you make more then $80,000 per year you are going to be paying more (depending on income).

I have sold maybe 10 F plans out of 400 or so plans. I like D,E,G as they tend to have lower rate increases.

That is a good point.

I was all about G but when I told folks that F was about $10 more a month, that is what they picked.

I just got my Mutual of Omaha rate adjustment in the mail and they do not offer G in Missouri anymore, only A, D, and F.

Have you sold any K or L plans yet? I know that they are the cost sharing plans, but neither Mutual or Standard Life offer them.

Back