AAA - BEWARE

Marcy5

I've had my auto insurance with AAA for more than 25 years and sadly the service had deteriorated majorly in the last year or so. They've made promises they don't keep and mistakes that have cost me money. Beware of this company. I had FOUR separate issues within the last year (three just in 2018). When you call for a quote, if you have auto-pay like I do, check your policy after. I received a quote and was told it would be that number or less and I didn't look at the paperwork, but when I noticed it was higher than quoted and notified them they said "too late" and wouldn't do anything about it. Another issue; I received a letter saying I was over my declared mileage - this came out of nowhere....the fact was I was way below my anticipated mileage and they made a mistake but it took me an hour and pictures to get it corrected. Another issue, they send me a "verified mileage" form to complete to figure the coming years' numbers and get a discount. I sent it back but when I received my new policy, the discount wasn't applied. I had to speak with four Supervisors to finally learn that they did receive it but "couldn't read it" so I didn't get the discount. Glad I caught that one before it was "too late". However, if they received it and couldn't read it, why wouldn't they let me know? Wouldn't that be appropriate customer service? To top it off, my insurance went up about $200 and they have no explanation (typically as a car ages, insurance tends to decrease). Bottom line, they don't care; they admit mistakes but no compensation of any kind. I'm looking for a new carrier....any suggestions welcome; I'm in CA.

I've had my auto insurance with AAA for more than 25 years and sadly the service had deteriorated majorly in the last year or so. They've made promises they don't keep and mistakes that have cost me money. Beware of this company. I had FOUR separate issues within the last year (three just in 2018). When you call for a quote, if you have auto-pay like I do, check your policy after. I received a quote and was told it would be that number or less and I didn't look at the paperwork, but when I noticed it was higher than quoted and notified them they said "too late" and wouldn't do anything about it. Another issue; I received a letter saying I was over my declared mileage - this came out of nowhere....the fact was I was way below my anticipated mileage and they made a mistake but it took me an hour and pictures to get it corrected. Another issue, they send me a "verified mileage" form to complete to figure the coming years' numbers and get a discount. I sent it back but when I received my new policy, the discount wasn't applied. I had to speak with four Supervisors to finally learn that they did receive it but "couldn't read it" so I didn't get the discount. Glad I caught that one before it was "too late". However, if they received it and couldn't read it, why wouldn't they let me know? Wouldn't that be appropriate customer service? To top it off, my insurance went up about $200 and they have no explanation (typically as a car ages, insurance tends to decrease). Bottom line, they don't care; they admit mistakes but no compensation of any kind. I'm looking for a new carrier....any suggestions welcome; I'm in CA.
I have them in Arizona. Now I'm concerned.

Then start looking for a replacement company for your next renewal date.

For Arizona, call around to independent agents and find one who writes for Pekin Insurance Company.

Competitive rates and great claim service.

I've been with them for several years.

Then start looking for a replacement company for your next renewal date.

For Arizona, call around to independent agents and find one who writes for Pekin Insurance Company.

Competitive rates and great claim service.

I've been with them for several years.
I will look into that. Thank you.

Back