AARP Medicare Supplement

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Has anyone actually received any product information on the AARP Medicare Supplement? I can't get an answer from anyone at UHC nor my FMO. UHC told me today that 12 additional states are being rolled out as of 01/01/08, but she had no idea which states. I'd love to see some rate comparisons.

My FMO says that they are closing the current book of business and starting a new batch. If they are like any other carrier rolling out new plans, the rates should be pretty good.

I also found it interesting as to why they decided to roll out an AARP Med Supp for the rest of us to sell. Evidently AARP did a survey among it's members and asked if they'd prefer to meet with someone to enroll in a supplement or do it over the phone and through the mail. Supposed;y, 84% said they'd prefer the option of actually meeting with someone.

Just received my producer handbook for the med supps in Arizona but haven't had time to review it. Since I'm in California, I have not made this a priority.

Rick

I was specifically told by the UHC marketing department (or whatever department issues the printed materials) that no Med Supp materials would be available til late December or January. Maybe Rick has an approved state's. It may be as simple as that. Sorry I didn't post this earlier but it just occurred to me.

What I can tell you is that at the time (it was about a month ago) I could not believe that a company as large as UHC didn't have their guns a blazing and their ducks in a row. Shocker?

Perhaps UHC is overconfident that AARP will sell itself. They don't seem to have analyzed the biz or planned in advance for changes. AARP runs its show as "bigger is better."

Just 18 months ago I was wondering where this thead went. Now I know.

By the way, should someone contract through you, what is position on releases?

Rick

Back