AARP Medicare Supplement

AARP Medicare Supplement will release you if you don't sell at least 5 Medicare Supplements in 2009. It was a memo they sent to all agents about 2 months ago. They only want to deal with agents who are serious about this product.

AARP Medicare Supplement will release you if you don't sell at least 5 Medicare Supplements in 2009. It was a memo they sent to all agents about 2 months ago. They only want to deal with agents who are serious about this product.

In Virginia, they pay a flat $170.00. Whoppee!!

This is a case of having the right tool for the job! Meaning, great product for the uninsurables with other companies. Some premiums are over $200/month with other carriers. You still make a little and maybe, just maybe, sell other policies.

Heck, might get a referral.

This is a case of having the right tool for the job! Meaning, great product for the uninsurables with other companies. Some premiums are over $200/month with other carriers. You still make a little and maybe, just maybe, sell other policies.

Heck, might get a referral.

You have a good point. It might be nice just to have their logo on my literature and cards.

You have a good point. It might be nice just to have their logo on my literature and cards.

When you Certify with AARP and sign their contracts you will discover that using AARP on literature and cards will require their prior approval. Speaking from experience this will not happen unless you use their marketing materials. :1cute:

It is still a lot better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Given the choice of writing nothing and earning "0" or writing for them and making $170, making $170 appears to be the better option.
I "study on that" for awhile and get back to you. :twitchy:

I have AARP in my back pocket at all appointments. They aren't the best priced Med Supp, but they have the easiest underwritting. Another company I am contracted with has much more stringent underwritting, but their J plan is cheaper than most F plans. Pretty easy close when I find out the prospect is currently on BCBS. If the prospect is less than healthy, I pull out AARP and tell them that the underwriting process is much less painful, and can still save them hundreds of dollars a year for the same coverage.

I have AARP in my back pocket at all appointments. They aren't the best priced Med Supp, but they have the easiest underwritting. Another company I am contracted with has much more stringent underwritting, but their J plan is cheaper than most F plans. Pretty easy close when I find out the prospect is currently on BCBS. If the prospect is less than healthy, I pull out AARP and tell them that the underwriting process is much less painful, and can still save them hundreds of dollars a year for the same coverage.

Save yourself a lot of extra work next year and write a Plan D if it is less than the Plan J. Your new clients will thank you especially when they find out that Plan J will no longer be available after Monday, May, 31, 2010.

In VA check out Woodsmen of the World/Assured Life Association. Male age 70, plan D is $91.61 and plan F 107.17. Male age 65, plan D is $77.84 and plan F is 91.05, and of course they pay 22% 1-6yr, 6.5% 7-10yr with 12month advance. Their tobacco rates are less than most company's preferred rates.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back