AARP Medicare Supplement

Rick, the office told me some of the insurance providers will sometimes re-imburse a small portion of the bill.

They may have been talking about under age 65 health plans.

Or in this case would my client be able to submit to Blue Shield and see if they will pay a little?

I'm sure it must have been for under age.

When dealing with Med Supps, insurance companies will not accept a claim from anyone except Medicare, not ever, no way.

Rick is spot on.

Thanks for your input Frank, I agree. It's a tough spot because this Doc comes highly recommended, and my client is looking for an alternative treatment.

They are also willing to pay the $460 visit. Although I'm not sure they would be willing to pay on an ongoing basis.

We'll see what happens.

I am suspicious of the term "alternative treatment" and an office visit of $460. I would also suspect there is no way Medicare would cover this medical expense, so he makes it sound like he is rejecting Medicare when in reality Medicare is saying they are not too keen on his charges. He admits he is not on the Medicare approved list. Not all doctors make the approved list... some are kicked off. This guy might be one of them.

Just because some doctors are popular doesn't mean they are better. Some people will follow a pied piper over a cliff. If this doctor does a really good sales job and makes a lot of money at it, even if he is a quack, he can pretty much charge what he wants until he gets exposed. Medicare tends to weed out these scams...

In the case of paying the $460 out of pocket can the payee now submit the claim to AARP for reimbursement?

How does that work with med supps?

RHCBP

The short answer is NO. Claims cannot be submitted to the insurance company by anyone but Medicare.

If Medicare has not approved the claim and submitted it to the insurance company the insurance company will not even consider payment based on a bill submitted by the patient or the doctor.

My client is looking for "alternative treatment" for her parkinsons. Doctors treat parkinsons in many ways, although most will prescribe a "prescription cocktail" or combination of medicines. Some patients respond better than others to the different combinations or percentages.

So my client is willing to pay ($460) to see what this doctor has to say about her current medicine program and what he may recommend.

I have no idea if this doctor is in 'good standing' or not. Other than that, all I know is, he's been highly recommended by her neighbor who also has parkinsons, he has opted out of Medicare, and my client will have to pay for the visit.

My client is looking for "alternative treatment" for her parkinsons. Doctors treat parkinsons in many ways, although most will prescribe a "prescription cocktail" or combination of medicines. Some patients respond better than others to the different combinations or percentages.

So my client is willing to pay ($460) to see what this doctor has to say about her current medicine program and what he may recommend.

I have no idea if this doctor is in 'good standing' or not. Other than that, all I know is, he's been highly recommended by her neighbor who also has parkinsons, he has opted out of Medicare, and my client will have to pay for the visit.

I commend you for being so concerned about your client and going above and beyond. That is the kind of thing successful agents do.

The "wanna-bees" would not have bothered posting here.

Latest posts

Back