AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"

Discussion in 'Senior Insurance Forum' started by Klutch, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Klutch

Klutch Well-Known Member

I recently contracted with UHC/AARP & submitted a MedSupp piece with them. Today I got an email saying they mailed my client a "Medical Status Verification Request Form", which their doctor will need to fill out. I called UHC and the rep had no clue.

Did something come back on a script check and they need a verification from the doctor, or does this mean they're likely going to decline the application?

2. Todd King

Todd King Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

It sounds like they are looking for verification from the Dr.

3. Millwood

Millwood Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In the past 12 months I have had this happen multiple times. It's a PITA. It seems like 2 things trigger it. Script check or the phone interview. On the phone interview they must not identify themselves very well as a lot of clients get wary. If the client won't answer questions or can't , they send the Doctor a questionnaire which is basically the health questions verbatim.
    Most Doctors don't like it since its all the questions. Some won't do it.

I have never had it happen on Level 2 rates. Only when trying to get the Level 1 rates. Guess what I never put anything with them now except Level 2 sickies and Open Enrollment. Why fight them, but this may all change in July when they eliminate most of those Level 2 conditions.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. Midlevel

Midlevel Well-Known Member

State:

I'm not liking the new question about if they are a resident in a nursing home that provides more than Assisted Living. I used to write a lot of their Med Sup for people in a Veterans home or other facility.

5. TN_agent

TN_agent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hence why they have started asking that question. Too many people were doing the same thing.

6. Millwood

State:
    Oklahoma
    Another good thing to give them are transplant recipients who are getting killed with Part B anti-rejection drug costs. Much better than out of pocket with most MAPD's or MA's.

7. Midlevel

Midlevel Well-Known Member

State:

F plan is over $350/month so I think they would still be fine if client is in a skilled nursing facility but just my opinion. No need for me to ever write them again now.

8. somarco

somarco Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    My guess is that is the idea. Curtail agent business on the money losers.

I have never written anything with them and never will. But I refer every sick person I can to them and provide the 800 number to enroll direct.

9. Millwood

State:
    Oklahoma
    You and I both feel the same about them. The only thing better than giving them every sick person you can is........giving them every sick person and them paying you for doing it.:biggrin:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017