AARP MedSupp "Medical Status Verification Request Form"

Klutch

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I recently contracted with UHC/AARP & submitted a MedSupp piece with them. Today I got an email saying they mailed my client a "Medical Status Verification Request Form", which their doctor will need to fill out. I called UHC and the rep had no clue.

Did something come back on a script check and they need a verification from the doctor, or does this mean they're likely going to decline the application?

I recently contracted with UHC/AARP & submitted a MedSupp piece with them. Today I got an email saying they mailed my client a "Medical Status Verification Request Form", which their doctor will need to fill out. I called UHC and the rep had no clue.

Did something come back on a script check and they need a verification from the doctor, or does this mean they're likely going to decline the application?

It sounds like they are looking for verification from the Dr.

In the past 12 months I have had this happen multiple times. It's a PITA. It seems like 2 things trigger it. Script check or the phone interview. On the phone interview they must not identify themselves very well as a lot of clients get wary. If the client won't answer questions or can't , they send the Doctor a questionnaire which is basically the health questions verbatim.
Most Doctors don't like it since its all the questions. Some won't do it.

I have never had it happen on Level 2 rates. Only when trying to get the Level 1 rates. Guess what I never put anything with them now except Level 2 sickies and Open Enrollment. Why fight them, but this may all change in July when they eliminate most of those Level 2 conditions.

Last edited:
I'm not liking the new question about if they are a resident in a nursing home that provides more than Assisted Living. I used to write a lot of their Med Sup for people in a Veterans home or other facility.

I'm not liking the new question about if they are a resident in a nursing home that provides more than Assisted Living. I used to write a lot of their Med Sup for people in a Veterans home or other facility.

Hence why they have started asking that question. Too many people were doing the same thing.

Another good thing to give them are transplant recipients who are getting killed with Part B anti-rejection drug costs. Much better than out of pocket with most MAPD's or MA's.

F plan is over $350/month so I think they would still be fine if client is in a skilled nursing facility but just my opinion. No need for me to ever write them again now.

No need for me to ever write them again now.

My guess is that is the idea. Curtail agent business on the money losers.

I have never written anything with them and never will. But I refer every sick person I can to them and provide the 800 number to enroll direct.

My guess is that is the idea. Curtail agent business on the money losers.

I have never written anything with them and never will. But I refer every sick person I can to them and provide the 800 number to enroll direct.

You and I both feel the same about them. The only thing better than giving them every sick person you can is........giving them every sick person and them paying you for doing it.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back