AARP Medsupp Question

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
So I signed this lady up for an aarp medsupp. app is dated 1/13/15. Only problem is, I never submitted the application, because at the time of the appointment, she couldnt find her Medicare card, and she didn't know her MC number, and start date either.

I just got an email from her this morning, with her Medicare information, and her asking me to submit the application... It is 2 weeks later than the date signed on the application.

I have never submitted an application this far out from the signature date. Is this going to be a problem? Or is it ok to submit it still?

I looked in the producer handbook, they dont mention anything about submitting the application within a certain timeframe...

So I signed this lady up for an aarp medsupp. app is dated 1/13/15. Only problem is, I never submitted the application, because at the time of the appointment, she couldnt find her Medicare card, and she didn't know her MC number, and start date either.

I just got an email from her this morning, with her Medicare information, and her asking me to submit the application... It is 2 weeks later than the date signed on the application.

I have never submitted an application this far out from the signature date. Is this going to be a problem? Or is it ok to submit it still?

I looked in the producer handbook, they dont mention anything about submitting the application within a certain timeframe...

I don't think they'll backdate over 2 weeks but it's worth a shot. Just tell your client that we can't be sure of the effective date.

In the future, have your client dial 1-800-Medicare and ask for that information while you're with her. Even if you are not there, she certainly could get the numbers within a few hours and avoid this problem in the future.

I bet she called MC and asked for a new card but never asked for the info on that phone call. Clearly a brilliant person!

Rick

When I am taking an application and the client does not have information readily available (Medicare #, banking info, etc) I complete as much as possible but never date anything until submission.

Of course one thing that helps is I never use paper applications for anything other than a worksheet. The real application is submitted electronically and automatically dated.

So I signed this lady up for an aarp medsupp. app is dated 1/13/15. Only problem is, I never submitted the application, because at the time of the appointment, she couldnt find her Medicare card, and she didn't know her MC number, and start date either. I just got an email from her this morning, with her Medicare information, and her asking me to submit the application... It is 2 weeks later than the date signed on the application. I have never submitted an application this far out from the signature date. Is this going to be a problem? Or is it ok to submit it still? I looked in the producer handbook, they dont mention anything about submitting the application within a certain timeframe...
Last month I had one delayed about that long and it got issued. I noticed I missed a signature before faxing it in and held it until I got the signature. It was over the holidays and took awhile to reconnect with her to get it.

As long as application was signed before effective date however it ok but somewhere in the list of agent UHC rules on the UHC agent portal it says anything more than 14 days after signature date is considered late and goes on your record with UHC as a late med supp application.1 late application every now and then I don't think is a big problem

FYI many times you can confirm their start date of medicare on the "check you enrollment" on medicare.gov.All you need is DOB and 90% the medicare # is the SS with A

I don't think you will have any problem if you go ahead and submit the application based on my experience with UHC.

Back