AARP pdp enrollment site removed section for broker ID?

russelltw

Guru
1000 Post Club
Any one know when AARP removed the ability to enter your Broker ID into their enrollment site to get credit for a PDP? I sent instructions to a client and he told me there wasn't a place to enter my broker ID.

I checked the enrollment site and they no longer ask if a agent/broker helped you enroll.

You are correct. I used that many times by just forwarding the URL to a prospect/client and had them enter my agent number. But I'm not sure this is a bad thing based upon how little UHC thinks of agents.

I sent a form letter to a client late in 2016. He enrolled and entered my agent ID. The asshole complained to CMS about 6 months ago (well over a year from his enrollment) that he didn't enroll in the plan. So I get an allegation.

I sent a copy of the email to UHC along with my follow up where I reminded him to enroll. Took them 5 months to call it "unfounded" meaning I "could" be at fault. Had to spend 20 minutes reviewing and taking a test on how to not screw a client.

The black mark remains on my record for a year when it will drop off. I protested this but they wouldn't budge. Still waiting for my upline (Premier) to battle this along with the local RSM. We all know few companies care about agents but UHC not finding me innocent after I proved I simply sent a link to a client is beyond belief.

I don't know what I could have done differently other than getting out of insurance and selling leads.

Rick

I've never been a fan of writing UHC products. I'm also careful about writing PDP's only, unless they are T65. I'll help a client change only if there is a problem with their existing drug card. The measly commission paid is not always worth the effort.

It appears you can now use LEAN via remote signature to complete the enrollment now, but client has to e-sign within 24 hours. It appears you can do both med supp and mapd/pdp via online enrollment now.

Any one know when AARP removed the ability to enter your Broker ID into their enrollment site to get credit for a PDP? I sent instructions to a client and he told me there wasn't a place to enter my broker ID.

I checked the enrollment site and they no longer ask if a agent/broker helped you enroll.

Yeah, they sent an e-mail to agents on 8/21 letting us know that, effective 8/21, the mymedicareenroll site is no longer available.

Thanks for the heads up, UHC!!! They can be unreal sometimes...

Yeah, they sent an e-mail to agents on 8/21 letting us know that, effective 8/21, the mymedicareenroll site is no longer available.

Thanks for the heads up, UHC!!! They can be unreal sometimes...

As I’ve said before, these companies don’t care about agents. There maybe exceptions and individuals in companies that are agent friendly, but the companies generally don’t care about the agent.

What annoys me is that, just because their LEAN system gives an option for electronic enrollment, doesn't mean that they should take away this other system, which worked quite nicely.

Russelltw,

Ritter added online enrollment for Medicareful.com on 8/20 for UHC's MA and PDP plans. We currently have 8 health plans/PDP sponsors and we expect to add a few more for AEP 2019.

Russelltw,

Ritter added online enrollment for Medicareful.com on 8/20 for UHC's MA and PDP plans. We currently have 8 health plans/PDP sponsors and we expect to add a few more for AEP 2019.
Using Medicareful, does an agent get the same comp as going through their current GA? What 8 plans?

Back