AARP Supps Through the Mail...

medicarebenefitsdirect

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Question everyone...My FMO is saying you can only sell AARP supps face to face. Other FMO's are telling me you CAN sell them through the mail. I am hearing conflicting info all over the place. Tons of people I know are selling through the mail. Anyone know for sure?

Question everyone...My FMO is saying you can only sell AARP supps face to face. Other FMO's are telling me you CAN sell them through the mail. I am hearing conflicting info all over the place. Tons of people I know are selling through the mail. Anyone know for sure?

What Did United Health say when you called them?

I haven't written an AARP Med Supp in quite some time (no longer that competitive here in Georgia), but when I did I wrote virtually all of them through the mail.

Isn't AARP considered the KING of Junk Mail? And isn't 3/4 of that trying to sell United Healthcare Med Sups?

How could they say no selling through the mail?

Isn't AARP considered the KING of Junk Mail? And isn't 3/4 of that trying to sell United Healthcare Med Sups?

How could they say no selling through the mail?

Confirmed today that agents can't sell supps with AARP via the mail or phone. It has to be face to face.

Go figure.

You can't sell by the phone, but you can sell through the mail. Pretty much all of the insurance carriers allow you to sell Medicare supplements through the mail. Alot of times, people don't want agents coming into their home. They just want the information and the application mailed out.

You can't sell by the phone, but you can sell through the mail. Pretty much all of the insurance carriers allow you to sell Medicare supplements through the mail. Alot of times, people don't want agents coming into their home. They just want the information and the application mailed out.

Insurance:
Check with your FMO. I talked to mine today and also another FMO that checked with AARP and they ONLY want face to face and not through the mail. I was shocked at first and did not believe it but it is true.

It's probably the Medicare Advantage plans they don't want you to write through the mail. Some of the insurance companies want you to do face to face. I would double check with your FMO and ask are you referring to Medicare advantage or Medicare supplement

It's probably the Medicare Advantage plans they don't want you to write through the mail. Some of the insurance companies want you to do face to face. I would double check with your FMO and ask are you referring to Medicare advantage or Medicare supplement

Insurance:
I had the same reaction as you. I checked with a few FMO's just to make sure I was not crazy...and YES...it is their medicare supplement. They even called and talked to someone over the AARP product and verified it. You can have your contracted terminated if they find out. I really do not know how they would find out though if you are mailing in a wet signature receieved via mail.

I am an SGA with United Healthcare and do all MAs and AARP sups by email and fax. I am on the phone with them now and there are no rules on how the app is acquired.

FMOs dictate the face to face. If someone at UHC said it, they were misinformed.

Back