ACA a Pain in the Rear

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
Have a client that it took us multiple tries to get healthcare marketplace to acknowledge income verification. Finally sent tax returns via USPS return receipt requested to get it cleared up. He goes to H&R Block and gets his taxes done. Then Feds take out tax penalty for not having insurance. She has an ACA plan he has a MAPD. Jeez. Never ends.

It sounds like H&R Block are the problem. The only way that they would get a penalty removed from their taxes is if said taxes were completed improperly.

My thought as well. I also thought they have the info and their computers should be able to cross reference.

I'd have them return to the H&R Block location and have them do a review on the basis no penalty should have been assessed.

That's my only thoughts.

ACA is a pain! I work more hours for less money on this line of coverage

I tried doing health insurance years ago as a captive. It was a tough market even back then. I don't see how agents make any money with all of the complications of ACA.

Think my preference is to stay within life insurance itself. With my IMO, people are making great money, especially with annuities. There are rules and regulations to follow there, and every state requires "Annuity Suitability Training".

We just had one agent help her client fund an annuity for $1M. Her account just had a $55,000 deposit! They did a thorough financial inventory and there was plenty of money just waiting.

Have you considered going into a different aspect of insurance? It might be worth a look!

Back