ACA Commission/ADVANCE Payments for 2015

jmoss501

My Bad if this has already been answered!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told by, what I thought was credible sources.....

That this years enrollment period (2015) ACA commissions, would be paid to agents after the premium was paid/received/collected from the client and after the effective date.

So It looks like to me its going to be like it was last year..... IT WILL COME WHEN IT COMES.....

So has anybody been paid yet for OBAMACARE/ACA plans with a 01/01/2015 effective date yet?

HCO regarding HUMANA in GA, just keep saying there is a delay with payouts again like it was last year... ....:1mad:

I have received commissions on policies with United, Assurant, Blue Cross and Highmark in PA, NC, and TX. I haven't received any commissions yet from Humana. I was told by my GA to avoid them as much as possible but have written a few when I had to. Hope this helps.

I have received commissions on policies with United, Assurant, Blue Cross and Highmark in PA, NC, and TX. I haven't received any commissions yet from Humana. I was told by my GA to avoid them as much as possible but have written a few when I had to. Hope this helps.

Interesting. Humana was the big dog in 2014 here in Georgia. And paid very quickly last year. Not so much this year. Last year they paid the commission each month whether or not they received the subsidy from the government. This year they are waiting on the subsidy before they pay commissions.

I still like their plan designs over the other carriers here. So much so I continued my coverage with them even though the premium is slightly higher than Coventry or Aetna. UHC is useless here in Georgia. Priced out of the market. Blue's network leaves a lot to be desired and their premiums are a little high with the exception of their HSA plan. Assurant is non-existent here since they won't even pay commission anymore.

Is Humana not competitive in your area? Is that the reason you were told to avoid them?

We have no target area. We are using a robocall lead source that calls random businesses in the states we thought our carriers would be the most competitive. Pretty much just pitch whoever answers the phone. So in some areas Humana is their best option. He "suggested" to lead with the faster paying companies. I just write the Humana anyway and figured it'll pay sooner or later.

I'm not really sure on Forum etiquette on asking about this but can I ask what u make on ur ACA enrollments. Im not sure if I am getting royaling screwed on commissions or what. For example I receive 1.5% of AP advanced on Humana. Any thoughts?

He "suggested" to lead with the faster paying companies.

I always hate hearing statements like the one above. Why doesn't he "suggest" the plan that is best for the consumer?

I'm not really sure on Forum etiquette on asking about this but can I ask what u make on ur ACA enrollments. Im not sure if I am getting royaling screwed on commissions or what. For example I receive 1.5% of AP advanced on Humana. Any thoughts?

Commissions can vary by carrier and state. I get 6% first year on Humana with 4% renewals here in Georgia. On the surface I'd say you're getting screwed, but I don't know what all he's providing you. Let's assume for a second that you wrote $500k in premium. That's $7,500 for you. I'd make $30,000 on the same amount. The question then becomes, is he providing enough value to warrant giving up $22,500 in that scenario?

For me, a person would need to be providing a ton of leads, office space, etc. in order for me to give up 75% of first year commission and no telling how much in renewals.

That's pretty much what I was expecting. I had the option to work as an outside agent with no "support" but would have needed start up lead money and no idea when commissions would be paid. The office space is a noisy cubicle and the random Robo leads. They did pay all my training and licensing and appointment fees so I kinda felt some loyalty towards them. But if I can do the exact same thing from home and make more money, ill make sure to have lead money for the next OEP.

Do u receive ur commission monthly as paid or advanced for the year and subject to charge back? And how would I go about getting a contract with those kinds of percentages?

And as to his suggestion on avoiding humana, it was more along the lines of... If their choices are Humana and United and they're Ok with an hmo because of affordability go with United.

Back