ACA Express -vs- HealthSherpa

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Does anyone here use both of these Web Broker Entities, or has switched from one to the other during this Open Enrollment?

If so, could you please share what you feel are the important strong points that one has over the other? Thanx!

-Allen

Does anyone here use both of these Web Broker Entities, or has switched from one to the other during this Open Enrollment?

If so, could you please share what you feel are the important strong points that one has over the other? Thanx!

-Allen

I'm in both this year, after using just Sherpa last year. The changes Sherpa made are the main reason I added ACA Express this year. As a one-man show, I run about 800 cases during open enrollment each year, and there was no way I was putting Sherpa's new insanity in front of my clients.

So far this year, I've run three cases through Sherpa for testing purposes, and the rest either direct on HC.gov or through ACA Express.

I like that Sherpa gives me the eligibility notice and a screenshot of the application from HC.gov.
I also prefer the way Sherpa handles LPR and EAC cardholders. It takes both the USCIS number and the ID card number, which means HC.gov usually won't ask for a copy of the document in the eligibility determination.

ACA Express's integration with Agencybloc means I don't have to do double entry to get my cases into CRM for tracking this year. That's saving me a bunch of time over the setup I used last year with Sherpa.

ACA Express has been more accurate for quotes in my area (Oregon). I've had a few issues with apps sitting in the "Processing" stage, but I've been able to reach someone at ACA Express by email, chat, or phone pretty quickly every time I've needed to.

If I'm using the system, both take me about the same amount of time to fire off an app. If my clients are using the system, they got lost in Sherpa, and they move through ACA Express relatively easily this year.

Thank-you for that valuable feedback MWoodbrid! It sounds like HealthSherpa would be your primary go-to WBE, if it was as accurate, and intuitive, as ACA Express.

I haven't had anyone "get lost" in HealthSherpa this year. Last year, their labeling of the application fields was screwy, which generated quite a few phone calls from people who were right in the middle of the enrollment process.

I'm going to Google locate an ACA Express quoting site, and test the workflow to see if it's more intuitive than Sherpa.

The two different quoting platforms Health Sherpa uses are at odds with each other. I totally dislike the "public facing" version. Prefer the Agent platform, but it's somewhat awkward to have to log into your Dashboard and run quotes from there. Especially when sitting next to your client, because He/she sees other people you've enrolled.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience-based insights, MWoodbrid. And congratulations on being able to enroll 9 people every day during the open enrollment. Quite a feat for a 1-man operation!
-Allen

Thank-you for that valuable feedback MWoodbrid! It sounds like HealthSherpa would be your primary go-to WBE, if it was as accurate, and intuitive, as ACA Express.

I am not reading it that way since we provide additional benefits such as AgencyBlock integration, i.e. all things being equal we still have features they do not. While he did not compare customer service response directly in his post, he did say we have many options and have been responsive.
<snip>

I'm going to Google locate an ACA Express quoting site, and test the workflow to see if it's more intuitive than Sherpa.

We will be providing an option soon to have on the CFS (Client Facing Site) the current flow which is, as MWOODBIRD said, better than theirs, but also flow more similar to last years. AFS (agent Dashboard) already has this option via "Quick Quote" or "Create Applicant".

The two different quoting platforms Health Sherpa uses are at odds with each other. I totally dislike the "public facing" version. Prefer the Agent platform, but it's somewhat awkward to have to log into your Dashboard and run quotes from there. Especially when sitting next to your client, because He/she sees other people you've enrolled.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience-based insights, MWoodbrid. And congratulations on being able to enroll 9 people every day during the open enrollment. Quite a feat for a 1-man operation!
-Allen

Agreed! And glad to be part of it for him!

I haven't had anyone "get lost" in HealthSherpa this year. Last year, their labeling of the application fields was screwy, which generated quite a few phone calls from people who were right in the middle of the enrollment process.

-Allen

Thanks Allen! My wife says she's an Insurance Widow for three months every year. Patient woman.

I've got my consumer-facing ACA Express site up at www.ORplanfinder.c om if you'd like to see it in action. I had Sherpa set up the same way last year.

Thanks Allen! My wife says she's an Insurance Widow for three months every year. Patient woman.

I've got my consumer-facing ACA Express site up at www.ORplanfinder.c om if you'd like to see it in action. I had Sherpa set up the same way last year.

Thanks, just took a look at your quote tool. I havent looked at ACAexpress since last OEP.

I cannot pull up quotes on my android tabet. Whats up with that, Kenny?

Its like a dead end on the census input screen....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-10-19-10-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-10-19-10-00.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 22

Thank-you for sharing your ACA Express URL, MWoodbrid. That's a beautiful and concisely worded Landing Page you've set up for yourself. I'm running into trouble at obtaining a quote, though. Entered the info in steps 1, 2, 3, but there's no "Next" or "Continue" button to click on. Pressing the "Enter" key has no effect either. Very strange...

Thank-you for sharing your ACA Express URL, MWoodbrid. That's a beautiful and concisely worded Landing Page you've set up for yourself. I'm running into trouble at obtaining a quote, though. Entered the info in steps 1, 2, 3, but there's no "Next" or "Continue" button to click on. Pressing the "Enter" key has no effect either. Very strange...

I have it locked to Oregon plans only, so my guess is you're using a zip code outside of that. Try zip code 97302 and see what it gives you.

Outside of that, it should run fine on your end. I test in IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, & Dolphin browsers, along with OSX, Android 3/4/5, and Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 operating systems.

----------

Thanks, just took a look at your quote tool. I havent looked at ACAexpress since last OEP.

I cannot pull up quotes on my android tabet. Whats up with that, Kenny?

Its like a dead end on the census input screen....

You'll need to use an Oregon zip code to see quotes. I have it locked to Oregon only. Try 97302, and see what it does for you.

I have it locked to Oregon plans only, so my guess is you're using a zip code outside of that. Try zip code 97302 and see what it gives you.

Outside of that, it should run fine on your end. I test in IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, & Dolphin browsers, along with OSX, Android 3/4/5, and Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 operating systems.

Using zip 97302 worked. Thank-you. Nice presentation of available plans. The "More plan options coming soon" wording after choosing a plan could cause some people to enter "procrastination mode" though. Just a thought...

BTW, perhaps ACA Express will add a credit to your account against future charges, if someone from another state signs up? Health Sherpa credits $75 for each enrollment outside of your licensed state(s).

Back