ACA referral Broker?

Corbinator

Expert
I have a new to Medicare application--but the spouse wont be 65 for another year

I know of ONE broker that has a program to refer ACA clients to them and they pay 50% of commission to the referring agent

But they have some people there I'd rather not deal with

Any other options? SMS Omaha?

THANKS

Just walk them through it on the Exchange. That whopping $10 won't kill you to lose it, then write the Med Supp in a year. Better than bringing in another agent that you don't know.

Should have added Im not ACA certified and dont plan to be. My partner is but he doesn't want to deal with it any longer.

Just walk them through it on the Exchange. That whopping $10 won't kill you to lose it, then write the Med Supp in a year. Better than bringing in another agent that you don't know.

What happens if something goes wrong and they sue you? Or what happens if it goes right and they refer you a bunch of people aged 26-40 that are a waste of time?

What happens if something goes wrong and they sue you? Or what happens if it goes right and they refer you a bunch of people aged 26-40 that are a waste of time?

How about "I am not appointed with the marketplace. I am more than happy to help, but I will not be your agent." And "Sorry, I don't advise on FFM plans unless they are for my over 65 family clients".

Tin Foil hat much?

How about "I am not appointed with the marketplace. I am more than happy to help, but I will not be your agent." And "Sorry, I don't advise on FFM plans unless they are for my over 65 family clients".

Tin Foil hat much?

Yeah sorry I was being a little bit of an ass. My response to most people is basically your response. I usually say something along the line of you have to go to Healthcare.gov to do an application because most health insurance companies don't use agents anymore and if you need help with the application call me and I can help you.

HOWEVER, I do know of agents who feel obligated to go out of their way to help future clients/spouses/referrals with ACA and they waste hundreds of hours for no or little commission, and I do know of an agent who was sued on 2 occasions for ACA plans.

Back