Acceptable or Not? Transferring Signature with Permission

Milkman1265

Guru
100+ Post Club
Is it acceptable or even legal to have a form signed by insured that you will be their exclusive broker for all her insurance. Now the form will only have 1 box for her to sign and then on the bottom it also states that by signing, you give permission to transfer your signature to the proper change of broker form.

Or they have to sign each broker form individually?

Trying to cut down, on the things insured has to sign.

Consult your attorney. I am familiar with some systems like this, but I would talk with an attorney familiar with it as to what you can and cannot do.

I think this would create more headache than it would save. Almost any company you send this to you would be putting of a fight to get it through the system. And the fight would go on while on a 3 way call.
Use lazerapp. And take digital signature on a tablet or use a portable printer.

Just compare the hourly rate of an Attorney to the amount of time spent signing the documents. To do something like that you would have to have it drawn up by an Attorney or at least you should. The thing is people tend to forget things or say I didn't know or understand.

what you're trying to do the hard way is create an agent of record letter. If I read your post correctly you want to act as agent on her insurance policies. It's called an AOR and you can draw up a boiler plate letter with your details and have her sign off and then submit it to the different carriers.

Note: If you are not licensed for a certain product, you cannot become AOR for that.

It just seems as if you want to say janitor and industrial engineer keeps coming out.... ;)

Please note: this is for existing business, not NEW business.

ABSOLUTELY, GO RIGHT AHEAD. HOLD IT UP TO THE WINDOW TO BE ACCURATE.
Bahahaha

Back