Acceptable "Pivot Questions" from Medigap to MAPD

defenderzeta

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
What are examples of CMS acceptable "pivot questions" that a customer may ask before you turn a outbound call from Medigap to a MAPD or PDP presentation?

And they still have to call you back on a 2nd call to be able to enroll them right?

Please forgive me, I am somewhat new to Medicare Advantage sales and after reading the CMS guidelines and hearing from "the way its really done" from other sales people I am trying to make sure I am not opening myself or my company up to CMS marketing violations.

What are examples of CMS acceptable "pivot questions" that a customer may ask before you turn a outbound call from Medigap to a MAPD or PDP presentation?

And they still have to call you back on a 2nd call to be able to enroll them right?

Please forgive me, I am somewhat new to Medicare Advantage sales and after reading the CMS guidelines and hearing from "the way its really done" from other sales people I am trying to make sure I am not opening myself or my company up to CMS marketing violations.

Of course I don't know who you spoke with or what they're doing, but in this arena "real world" usually means breaking the law.

If you get called out on it be prepared to defend yourself. Seniors routinely confuse supps with MA plans and it would be no huge surprise if they ratted you out when you did nothing wrong, fully expect them to throw you under the bus if it's remotely perceived to be in their best interest.

If you're calling for supps, be damn sure that's what you're actually trying to sell.

I just don't understand all this CMS regluation stuff!

If your chasing T-65's and all you do is MA/PDP, I can see why seniors may need protection.

But I have a lot of clients aging in soon. I'm not allowed to include medicare planning in my annual reviews?

I'm pretty sure as long as they understand that you're with CMS you are allowed to say whatever you want :cool:

If your chasing T-65's and all you do is MA/PDP, I can see why seniors may need protection.

Explain, please. Why are Advantage plans a threat to seniors? If it's such a threat, why is it an option in the first place? Where does all the Medicare Advantage hate come from? I understand Advantage plans cannot be solicited, but why does it instill the need for "protection"? Geez.

Back