Accepting Medicare = Accepting Medigap

You must not do very much telemarketing

If you mean cold call smile and dial, you are correct. Not my style.

no matter how many times I try to explain how crossover billing works, they still don't get it.

Then don't do it.

I never use the word crossover. Rarely use insurance or Medicare lingo. I explain things in simple terms.

Your doctor files with Medicare, Medicare reviews the claim and approves, then sends it on to your Medigap carrier where their portion is paid a few days later.

No one has ever asked for more explanation.

If you mean cold call smile and dial, you are correct. Not my style. Then don't do it. I never use the word crossover. Rarely use insurance or Medicare lingo. I explain things in simple terms. Your doctor files with Medicare, Medicare reviews the claim and approves, then sends it on to your Medigap carrier where their portion is paid a few days later. No one has ever asked for more explanation.
Good advice. I do the same, translate rather than use the technical terms. Never use the term crossover either, just describe the process. For example, when I get calls from prospects who set a F2F appointment with me I never use the term "scope of appointment," I say consent form; I need your permission to meet with you, it's a consumer protection intended to cut down on your getting unwanted solicitation. Do you prefer I send the consent form by email or regular mail? No confusion, further explanation required, and never any resistance. And they almost always request email.

If you mean cold call smile and dial, you are correct. Not my style.

Then don't do it.

I never use the word crossover. Rarely use insurance or Medicare lingo. I explain things in simple terms.

Your doctor files with Medicare, Medicare reviews the claim and approves, then sends it on to your Medigap carrier where their portion is paid a few days later.

No one has ever asked for more explanation.

Ever since crossover started, I've always known it to be called Automatic Claims Filing. Self explanatory.:yes:

Ever since crossover started, I've always known it to be called Automatic Claims Filing. Self explanatory.:yes:

United American in the good old days?

----------------------------------------------------------
Just noticed that if you mistype American, my spellcheck offers two options.. American and Mexican... Wonder if The Donald knows about that?

United American in the good old days?

----------------------------------------------------------
Just noticed that if you mistype American, my spellcheck offers two options.. American and Mexican... Wonder if The Donald knows about that?

Globe Life...then United American.:yes:

Not being P.C.(which I like about him), I doubt that he gives a sh*t.:laugh:

Back