ACCIDENTAL LIFE - makes sense and affordable . . .

Accidental Death is the #1 cause of death ages 1 thru 44 and #4 ages 45 thru 64 . . .

But I bet a lot of those are while drunk or on drugs or texting & driving, while doing a hazardous activity, etc & won't be paid, especially in the younger age group. I bet very few are from falling off a ladder or the other 2 covered perils

But I bet a lot of those are while drunk or on drugs or texting & driving, while doing a hazardous activity, etc & won't be paid, especially in the younger age group. I bet very few are from falling off a ladder or the other 2 covered perils

Drunk or Drugs and driving don't deserve compensation. Texting isn't an exclusion.

There are way more than "2" covered situations . . .

Cheap and makes sense - especially with ROP.

Hmm... if my birth wasn't planned and I died... would that be considered accidental death or death of an accident??? :huh:

and if so... wouldn't it be covered even if it where natural causes... ;)

Hmm... if my birth wasn't planned and I died... would that be considered accidental death or death of an accident??? :huh:

and if so... wouldn't it be covered even if it where natural causes... ;)

I imagine since "you" weren't mentioned on the Application - it wouldn't matter . . . :)

Not if the conception occurred while drinking and driving or if it was a work related conception

Work Related accidents are covered so long as they aren't on the excluded list.

Peeps breaking the law don't deserve coverage in most cases.

Can't cover everything for pennies a day . . .

Can't cover everything for pennies a day . . .

I get it and the product does have its unique place for those that cannot qualify for something better. My problem is it is not just reserved for those situations & is sometimes sold to the unknowing consumer who doesn't know it doesn't cover natural causes which they are much more likely to die from. In 22 yrs in the business, I have sat with & talked to several widows who believed they had a lot of life insurance proceeds coming, but actually had none because they were sold the quick & easy AD to benefit the agent & the carrier.

I can't imagine in the auto insurance space selling everyone the minimum liability only policy on expensive new cars, then maybe going back later to see if they would like to buy better full coverage. Or selling business people liability only, but not covering their buildings, equipment or employees.

This is what you are essentially doing by selling Accidental only at first, then possibly going back for real coverage. You are doing what is easy & quickest for you. You are selling 1st what should be a last resort or an add on supplement after the real need covered.

I get it and the product does have its unique place for those that cannot qualify for something better. My problem is it is not just reserved for those situations & is sometimes sold to the unknowing consumer who doesn't know it doesn't cover natural causes which they are much more likely to die from. In 22 yrs in the business, I have sat with & talked to several widows who believed they had a lot of life insurance proceeds coming, but actually had none because they were sold the quick & easy AD to benefit the agent & the carrier.

I can't imagine in the auto insurance space selling everyone the minimum liability only policy on expensive new cars, then maybe going back later to see if they would like to buy better full coverage. Or selling business people liability only, but not covering their buildings, equipment or employees.

This is what you are essentially doing by selling Accidental only at first, then possibly going back for real coverage. You are doing what is easy & quickest for you. You are selling 1st what should be a last resort or an add on supplement after the real need covered.

And after he is on to his next idea, there will be plenty of families sitting around talking about how life insurance is such a scam because it never pays. Yet more FB posts, GoFundMe campaigns, and other negative comments about the insurance industry because someone had his latest "great idea".

I want to be in Tom's corner and rout for him, but then he keeps having stupid ideas like this.

Back