Accidental Life - update . . .

Accidental life insurance is a solution looking for a problem.

If your beneficiary NEEDS money if/when you die, Accidental Death is a bad gamble.

If your beneficiary doesn't NEED money if/when you die, it's a lottery ticket. Actually, it's probably better odds than a lottery ticket, but still a form of gambling.

I sell it as additional coverage.

Since death by Accidental means is like the #1 ( ages 1 to 44 ) and #3 ( 45 to 64 ) and #3 overall - clients can get large face amounts cheap and if they don't use it - get most of their money back in most States.
death - causes.gif and #3 cause of death

As long as you use it as a rider, or add it to a current term or perminate plan I think your headed in the right direction...

Who do you use for your ROP plan?

I haven't had anyone just get AD by itself that didn't get a Term or SIWL plan from me too -or- they already had life insurance of some form . . .

I use Assurity. Easy & Quick . . . They have the best AD rates on the market as a stand alone policy.

I have written a fair amount of Assurity as well. It's one of the products that I offer as additional inexpensive coverage for people who are on the road a lot especially. Also, I do quite a bit of Mortgage Protection. It's an option for someone who will not qualify for traditional life insurance (explaining how it works of course). It's certainly better than not having anything at all...or only a small WL product, guaranteed or otherwise.

I have written a fair amount of Assurity as well. It's one of the products that I offer as additional inexpensive coverage for people who are on the road a lot especially. Also, I do quite a bit of Mortgage Protection. It's an option for someone who will not qualify for traditional life insurance (explaining how it works of course). It's certainly better than not having anything at all...or only a small WL product, guaranteed or otherwise.

With ROP - a nice addition to any other coverage . . . I don't sell it without ROP unless as an add on in Georgia.

$30 month premium for AD with DI with ROP = over $225 advance commission per sale with 6 months Pass Thru of $37.50 per month.

3 or 4 of those sales a week is nice bank for easy sales . . .

I sell it as additional coverage.

And a lot of people by lottery tickets. It's a free country.

I just wish they didn't call it insurance.

Perhaps a new name:

Accidental Death Jackpot

Accidental Death Lotto

MegaDeath

Lucky for Death​

Actually, if you sex it up a bit, maybe more people would buy it.

Actually, if you sex it up a bit, maybe more people would buy it.

death by Sex might be covered if it was an accident, so you might be on to something. Does it have to be an accident (lucky) that you were having sex or a sex accident (please no videos) that kills you.......or would that be a natural cause exclusion as everyone's definition of what is natural sex or unnatural might be different? all those potential what if's might be enough to get the good stuff coverage.

death by Sex might be covered if it was an accident, so you might be on to something. Does it have to be an accident (lucky) that you were having sex or a sex accident (please no videos) that kills you.......or would that be a natural cause exclusion as everyone's definition of what is natural sex or unnatural might be different? all those potential what if's might be enough to get the good stuff coverage.

Interesting tangent. Probably should have an ROP option so that those who don't get any get their premiums back.

Latest posts

Back