Adding Investments to P&C Business

AIRECS

Expert
I currently have a book of P&C business and I was interested in adding investments as another service for my clients. I have seen other insurance companies have financial planners and etc. How could I approach someone where it would be beneficial for the both of us? Does anyone have a simulator setup to what I have explained?

----------

Sorry last sentence should say "similar setup"

I currently have a book of P&C business and I was interested in adding investments as another service for my clients. I have seen other insurance companies have financial planners and etc. How could I approach someone where it would be beneficial for the both of us? Does anyone have a simulator setup to what I have explained?

----------

Sorry last sentence should say "similar setup"

When you say investments do you mean securities? If so the only way to share commissions is to be a registered rep and be affiliated with the same broker/dealer.

Yes! Mutual funds, Roths, 401k and etc.

----------

Yes. 401k's, mutual funds and etc

I have never seen this work before... not to say it couldn't work, just haven't seen it.

Have you sold any life/annuity products with success?

The only reason I ask is because i have seen a few really good p&c agencies fell at selling life/ annuities and that is not as far away from p&c as securities.

Yes I sell Life insurance currently. It's not my main source of business, but most our p&c customers who ask about it do purchase it. I need to cross sell better though. My main reason for asking is because you see companies out there who advertise Insurance and Investments. Thought it may be two pieces that tie into each other well.

Back