adjuster's licensing worth it?

Family Man

Expert
I have a good book of business with life and health lines. I'm interested in exploring the ups/downs of independent adjuster's work in general, also if certain carriers will even consider a green independent adjuster. I've had my P&C license for a while. Just doing some exploring to challenge the "grey matter." Thanks

You can make a pretty good living as an independent adjuster. But, assuming you get the 40 hours of classes, pass the test, and get your license and buy your adjuster E&O insurance, it's highly unlikely that insurance companies will engage you without a track record.

You would have to go to work for an existing independent adjusting company and spend a few years learning the ropes and establishing contacts within the industry.

Or you would have to go to work for an insurance company as an in-house adjuster for a few years to learn the ropes before you can strike out on your own.

Explore the adjuster licensing page of the Indiana DOI and then come back to this thread if you want further discussion.

IDOI: Resident Adjuster Licensing

Back