Advantra Savings

Monkeyparts

I am interested in the Advantra Savings plans, they seem like they could be a great deal for Seniors. I do have a few questions though. Why does the Medicare.gov sight list these plans as having such high yearly out of pocket? Am I missing something? Do they count the Part B prem. in the total? Do I not understand how this plan works?
Premium and Other Important Information2 Medicare will deposit $1,300 into your bank account.
$3,000 yearly deductible Note that only Medicare-covered services will count toward your yearly deductible.

The $1,300 applies torwards the deductible, making the Seniors portion $1700. The plan then pays 100%.

I am interested in the Advantra Savings plans, they seem like they could be a great deal for Seniors. I do have a few questions though. Why does the Medicare.gov sight list these plans as having such high yearly out of pocket? Am I missing something? Do they count the Part B prem. in the total? Do I not understand how this plan works?
Premium and Other Important Information2 Medicare will deposit $1,300 into your bank account.
$3,000 yearly deductible Note that only Medicare-covered services will count toward your yearly deductible.

The $1,300 applies torwards the deductible, making the Seniors portion $1700. The plan then pays 100%.

For the savvy senior MSAs are a great idea.

For the savvy senior MSAs are a great idea

At least where MSA's are offered in my area, the remainder of the deductible is comparable to a supplement premium, with the opportunity of spending even less or nothing. Make it through one year with out needing health care, you nearly have the total deductible covered for the following year...pretend you had a sup. premium payment (money in the bank), a senior could be sitting good, for when they do require health care.
I found an old thread, agents said providers and seniors found the coverage confusing, but I think its really worth the time explaining. Is there some other downside I'm missing?
Brings me to my last question. Advantra offers one in outlying Chicago. Anyone know of an FMO that works with them in Illinois? I may be moving to Arizona, and good recommendations out there? Thanks.

Back