Advertisers wanted

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Got an email today that really sends a message. Sanitized version . . .

Good Afternoon!

As you may know, we allow agents to advertise on our site, www.xxxxxxreport.com. We are currently offering 75% off our advertisements, and we are looking for more agents in Georgia.

We currently do not have anyone advertising in Georgia.

Is this something you would be interested in?

So I would be the first.

Good news is, "no competition" on their site

Bad news is, has no one ever signed up or did they sign up and then drop out? This "lead" program is at least 7 months old, maybe older. They first contacted me in Nov, 2017. Since then they have reached out 4 or 5 times to see if I have changed my mind.

They contacted me about this too. They claimed pretty high traffic scores like 100-150 searches a month for each state. I believe this is a side business of CSG actuarial. If they really are getting that much traffic, why try to sell it to us agents instead of just sending the leads off to a lead company that will happily buy them up? Seems pretty weird. They told me there was no one in my state either, but now there's 3. They wanted a pretty hefty price too, I think like $600 for the year or something like that.

Bad news is, has no one ever signed up or did they sign up and then drop out? This "lead" program is at least 7 months old, maybe older. They first contacted me in Nov, 2017. Since then they have reached out 4 or 5 times to see if I have changed my mind.
They really want you Bob. It must be nice to be so wanted. :rolleyes:

They contacted me about this too. They claimed pretty high traffic scores like 100-150 searches a month for each state. I believe this is a side business of CSG actuarial. If they really are getting that much traffic, why try to sell it to us agents instead of just sending the leads off to a lead company that will happily buy them up? Seems pretty weird. They told me there was no one in my state either, but now there's 3. They wanted a pretty hefty price too, I think like $600 for the year or something like that.

Thats not a ton of volume and depending on conversion could only result in a few leads per month.

And then there's the topic of quality...

Yea I got it too, My question is they tell me no one in few states, But If I sign up, what would stop them from either signing more agents or selling leads to lead providers, I just did get the feeling that it will work well

Unless they have revamped it, their system is clunky.

Prospect visits site. They capture the data and then send it to the agent. Eventually.

Unless agent has the ability to capture the lead when it comes in via an automated response, such as a dedicated email address, the lead sits in the agents box until . . . whenever. By the time the agent MIGHT see it the lead is cold.

But other than that . . .

Oh, and it is expensive.

Maybe worth trying at 75% off, but that tells me they probably overpriced it from the start.

Thats not a ton of volume and depending on conversion could only result in a few leads per month.

And then there's the topic of quality...

Sorry, should have clarified. They were claiming 100-150 people were actually filling out the form for each state a month. Not 100-150 SERP results per month. Either way, I still passed on it. It completely relies on the client picking up the phone, to call some random agent that shows up on the right.

Sorry, should have clarified. They were claiming 100-150 people were actually filling out the form for each state a month. Not 100-150 SERP results per month. Either way, I still passed on it. It completely relies on the client picking up the phone, to call some random agent that shows up on the right.

Ah well that certainly is different. Depending on price and hopefully lack of comittment (and number of agents per state) that might be worth trying.

Back